Found an Explorer I used to own

My old FX45 is still on the road. I sold it with over 200K miles 4 or 5 years ago. The guy I sold it to drove it every day for a few years, I ran into him every so often. He sold it about 9 months ago, but I still see it running around.

I had an '84 Mazda 626 that I sold when it was a couple years old. I saw that car around town for a while.

My friend drives my former 2007 impala and loves it. I still check it out for him every now and then. I watched someone blow up the engine on my former 2002 tiburon in a walmart parking lot lol

I had a 92 Dodge Spirit which was totalled in 2016 because someone hit me (light cosmetic damage). Insurance towed it to Copart where someone bid and bought it. That person did minor repairs to pass inspections for a salvage title and then sold it. I then saw it about six months later parked in a driveway within my city on the other end of town. They had it for a year before it disapeared.

I saw vehicles I sold over the years, but the most memorable was a Ford bought back from me because they couldn't fix it. About 6 months after the buy back someone called me interested in buying my 87 E-150. I had no idea who this guy was and I had nothing for sale. He explained to me he was a Cop, ran the vin and it came back to me. He saw the van on a lot about 10 miles from the dealer who had to buy it back. I was under the impression when they were bought back because they were bad they couldn't resell them, well that was wrong. I warned him that the van was bought back for a stalling problem that Ford and their "A-Team" mechanics sent to the dealership were unsuccessful after about twenty tries, it makes you wonder, lol. He proceeded to tell me how nice it was and loved the customizing I did, and he wanted it. I said, I warned you. A few months after that I saw it in a Sears parking lot and laughed wondering if the POS was ever fixed.

I saw vehicles I sold over the years, but the most memorable was a Ford bought back from me because they couldn't fix it. About 6 months after the buy back someone called me interested in buying my 87 E-150. I had no idea who this guy was and I had nothing for sale. He explained to me he was a Cop, ran the vin and it came back to me. He saw the van on a lot about 10 miles from the dealer who had to buy it back. I was under the impression when they were bought back because they were bad they couldn't resell them, well that was wrong. I warned him that the van was bought back for a stalling problem that Ford and their "A-Team" mechanics sent to the dealership were unsuccessful after about twenty tries, it makes you wonder, lol. He proceeded to tell me how nice it was and loved the customizing I did, and he wanted it. I said, I warned you. A few months after that I saw it in a Sears parking lot and laughed wondering if the POS was ever fixed.
Tesla has had to buy back or lemon law alot of vehicles especially early production vehicles. They were all re-sold. Heck model Y's seem to have a penchant for steering wheels falling off.

Tesla has had to buy back or lemon law alot of vehicles especially early production vehicles. They were all re-sold. Heck model Y's seem to have a penchant for steering wheels falling off.
Be careful saying that here!! ;)

When I worked at Oreilly, I saw my dads old Z71 Tahoe pull in. I told the guy about it and he didn’t believe me.

I told him the back cup holder had a missing tab from my brother being a brat when he was younger. He looked and there it wasn’t. Lol

Surprised that Exploder is still on the road.

Did see a Jeep I owned driving around. Had it about 15 years ago, and think it lives in the town around the corner

Yep, I had an '80 Audi 5k that later somehow wound up in a repair shop's backyard in Ouray, CO. I'm sure the owner simply declined repairs and the shop agreed to take it.

My old '05 Canyon that I sold in 2009 to a dealer is still driven locally by a guy who -- ironically -- works at the local Volvo-only indy. I don't know the guy but the truck is unmistakable for me.

Back