Found a Product that Cleans Windshield!!

Did you have water spots on the glass? I could see it being useful in that case (and if plain vinegar wasn't strong enough) but that stuff is pretty harsh to breathe in.. would be hesitant to use it regularly.

I used a product that I have at home. It is called CLR for Calcium Lime and Rust removal. I had used it in my bathroom and
I figured, why not? The results are amazing. Let me know guys and be safe
How did you apply it to the windshield? Spray bottle or some other method? Was it full strength or diluted with water.

Unless you can't get the windshield clean with other stuff like vinegar mixed with Isopropyl alcohol and water in a bottle, I would not use CLR.

Windex and a little elbow grease (during bug season) has worked great for me.

Little less elbow grease.

Draino for cleaning cooling system while we're working with bathroom cleaners?

Daily shower spray for your paint after it rains?

Odor control for your ... wait that one can work fine. Ok you can use that.

The best stuff to really clean windshields is Glass Science glass scrub. It gets the road grime and embedded residue off of glass. It's also mirror safe. Clr seems a little off unless there was mineral buildup. I've detailed many vehicles and it seems to give glass that extra cleanliness.

A regular one or specifically made for cars? I really need to know
Specifically 3D Super Glass mixed to the recommended ratio with distilled water.

It's actually the only glass cleaner I use. If glass is really grimy, I'll mix in about 5% isopropyl.

There are glass waxes that are appropriate for cars that will do the same, I think. They get rid of the water spots and are more easily controlled than a spray liquid for kitchen and bath room cleaning.

Sprayway for the win, though. Even better than brand name window cleaners like Windex.

Back