former Twitter engineer disclosing some shady business

He seems to celebrate things that should put folks in jail …

It’s just a natural reaction to what happens when someone is told what will happen, does it anyway and the things that are fully predictable, and expected happen like clockwork.

There have already been some 8 and 9 year olds that got a checkmark and made a fake account.
Dig out the gallows and start sending kids to gitmo because they made a sarcastic comment on a faked Barney account.

At some point the system admin should rightly face much of the blame.

It’s sort of like the ideotic European copywrite and lack of fair use policies that allow photographers to send out thousands of demands for $500 or sue some of which go to an 8 year old who posted a blurry 30 year old picture on their a website.

You have to shake your head at the “I make a living off damages” people/companies that make nothing, sell nothing but just exist to demand money and sue on rather sketchy pretenses.

Last edited:
It’s just a natural reaction to what happens when someone is told what will happen, does it anyway and the things that are fully predictable, and expected happen like clockwork.

There have already been some 8 and 9 year olds that got a checkmark and made a fake account.

At some point the system admin should rightly face much of the blame.

It’s sort of like the ideotic European copywrite and lack of fair use policies that allow photographers to send out thousands of demands for $500 or sue some of which go to an 8 year old who posted a blurry 30 year old picture on their a website.

You have to shake your head at the “I make a living off damages” people/companies that make nothing, sell nothing but just exist to demand money and sue on rather sketchy pretenses.
I was thinking about his comments over fake corporate posts that cost shareholders money …

Shouldn’t these corporations get in touch with Twitter, get the information on people that faked their posts and sue the people that knowingly and fraudulently did this?
Some were in one case at least an orphaned child on public Wi-Fi.

As I said, Twitter holds much of the blame for being so unbelievably stupid.

I thought the blue check meant they were verified and if they paid for the subscription there is a direct link to a person.
Not sure how that relates to public Wi-Fi

The old checkmark was not much of a validation but “other” sites have similar problems with kids pretending to be adults to gain access

The new set of check marks does have some safeguards to validate

I know someone who was is in the business, very high paid employee, like ridiculous pay. Perfectly legal, he is a data engineer.
They package all this personal information cultivated from a whole range of sources, put them in a nice neat package and much like mortgage companies package mortgages sell the packages to the highest bidders.
People agree to the "terms and conditions" of almost everything they download and buy.
It's kind of why I am a bit crazy about my posts in this forum with privacy.
It's really crazy and this is big money, just think about it. Let's say the loss Facebook faced of up to TEN BILLION dollars a year in revenue just by Apple tweaking a privacy setting not allowing cross site tracking among apps and tracking once the app is closed. (this is jsut an example of how much money is in the business with just one company in the whole world)
That was one of the things Apple did to monopolize the market. They packaged it as "privacy enhancement" and privacy advocates bought that argument.

Back