Ford yellow (VC-13G) replaces orange (VC-3B)

Looks like Ford released a bulletin and made it official that Specialty Green has been replaced by the new yellow coolant.

Looks like Ford released a bulletin and made it official that Specialty Green has been replaced by the new yellow coolant.
And that should bode well for newer Japanese cars if someone wants to use Prestone Cor-Guard in one.

Meanwhile, RockAuto is now carrying this fluid for $13.89 +tax and shipping. Hard to argue against using it if you have a Ford at that price. Sure it's not as convenient as going to Walmart and getting a couple of gallons of Prestone but I don't imagine most people do a coolant flush on a whim.

Meanwhile, RockAuto is now carrying this fluid for $13.89 +tax and shipping. Hard to argue against using it if you have a Ford at that price. Sure it's not as convenient as going to Walmart and getting a couple of gallons of Prestone but I don't imagine most people do a coolant flush on a whim.

I just ordered two gallons of concentrate from RockAuto. Did a flush, but then it all leaked out because I either broke the radiator, or the radiator drain plug needs to be replaced. =/ Need to fix the leak, then refill the system. Might as well change the inverter coolant on my hybrid as well. =/

Back