Ford Unibody Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype

.. Ford used a gathering of its top-selling dealers last month in Palm Beach, Fla., to take the wraps off a [Bronco] prototype and to divulge plans for a "family" of rugged off-road vehicles, which sources told Automotive News will eventually include a small unibody pickup...

...Ford described its off-roaders to dealers as a family of vehicles, although the company stopped short of labeling them as a subbrand. The off-road lineup will include the two- and four-door Broncos, the Baby Bronco and the unibody pickup, sources said.

..The unibody pickup isn't expected until at least 2021, according to another source with insight on Ford's product plans...

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Ever since I started working at the dealer I have learned with any impending vehicle I will believe it when I see it.

Yup.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Was talked about a month or so ago here, being built on the Focus platform.

Focus platform? That's even smaller than the Edge.

A diesel Rabbit pickup, modernized naturally aspirated diesel 5 speed stick, high strength steel unibody with a 1/2 ton rating 50mpg and good to go

98029274-BD7D-44A6-A806-BADC82EF202D.png

Originally Posted by Chris142
Ford had a unibody pickup in the 60's. The cab and bed were all 1piece.

Back to the future it seems. I remember some of those Fords would droop at the rear.

Originally Posted by SubLGT
https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype

.. Ford used a gathering of its top-selling dealers last month in Palm Beach, Fla., to take the wraps off a [Bronco] prototype and to divulge plans for a "family" of rugged off-road vehicles, which sources told Automotive News will eventually include a small unibody pickup...

...Ford described its off-roaders to dealers as a family of vehicles, although the company stopped short of labeling them as a subbrand. The off-road lineup will include the two- and four-door Broncos, the Baby Bronco and the unibody pickup, sources said.

..The unibody pickup isn't expected until at least 2021, according to another source with insight on Ford's product plans...

As a current Ford truck owner, and one who would be interested in buying a small Ford pickup, I *HATE* unit body construction; unit body *NEVER* feels as sturdy as a traditional body/frame, and that includes expensive vehicles.

Unibody construction has come a long ways since the Chrysler K cars. The use of high strength steel makes them very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back