Ford Super Duty To Lead Diesel Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fair chance Honda will have a diesel in the new generation Accord in 2008..Several articles at The Temple of VTEC..Very Interesting.

quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
I'd like to see a diesel in an Escape. Screw the Hybrid Escape and all those upscale gadgets, give me a diesel Escape with a standard transmission and I'll jump ship from Toyota. I don't need a rocket ship, I need a long range runner. Ford needs to go down one size below their current plans for a new engine.

I'm of like mind. Ever since I heard Honda developed a deisel for the European market, I've held out hope that the 2.2L would be put in the CRV for this market.

The Escape is similar in size to the CRV and screams for a small deisel application.

Unfortunately, it appears the Domestics are going to let others develop and dominate this market also. I understand there are hurdles to overcome with the emmisions, but is anyone betting against an engineering break thru.

Don't Toyota and Nissan also have small deisels they could put in their smaller trucks/SUVs if they solve the emission pollutants???

quote:

Originally posted by Hermann:
There is a fair chance Honda will have a diesel in the new generation Accord in 2008..Several articles at The Temple of VTEC..Very Interesting.

Honda has been putting a great turbo-charged diesel in Accords for a couple of years now. Gas engine like performance, quiet running and outstanding economy. Unfortunately, here is the home of the free and land of the brave we aren't allowed to buy them.

It's in the Euro Accord which is sold in this country as an Acura TSX, except no diesel is available in it here.

Friend just got a loaded with every option 2006 F250 e. cab 4x4 at a great price (son gets supplier discount). The local Furd dealer is sitting on a lot of 06 trucks that are not moving. Its so new he does not even have the plates yet. He had a 2000 F350 but kept it for the deal on the new one and plans run it till spring and take what he can get for it with nearly 200k on it. His nephew has a used dealer license and they will take it to auction.

Now I am not a Ford guy but he tells me that new Ford Diesel is going to cost an arm and a leg. Thats why he went for the 06, thinks the same truck could be $5k or more in the new engine due to all the mods they had to do. The Duramax (GM supposedly needed less expensive mods to comply.

He really wanted a GMC (big GM card stash that he wife now gets) but could not find one anywhere close to us yet there were many Fords for the picking, between 4 dealers over 50 trucks. Said the 2000 just about broke him in repairs in the last year.

[ September 04, 2006, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

quote:

Originally posted by Hootbro:

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
......My brother will be kicking rocks next month for 3 weeks. He's beginning to wonder if his 30 year retirement is in jeopardy (he's got 28.5 years now).

He does not get a pension unless he makes 30?

What he means is that he won't get a full pension until 30 years. But, look at the trends of so many companys who pay the Federal Pension Insurance and tell there workers to kick rocks and accept 50cents on the dollar.

If you have not noticed...its bash the unions and pensions time in the Nation. It's a crying shame that people, company's and the like can't honor a contract or word/words.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back