Ford Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Ford charges to much for them, no deals.

Poor availability. Extremely expensive. A Ford comparable to my Ram was 20k more. Maybe they are worth it, maybe not. I really wanted one. Each of us gets to decide. I was also tremendously disappointed that the amazing new aluminum Ford is just down to about the weight of its competition.

They are not shipping the smaller cab versions at all yet, people I know are still waiting...

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
I wish Ford still made the Crown Victoria, I own one, totally love it and cant replace it with any new Ford made TODAY.

I agree 100%! I LOVE my Crown Vic and would not want to drive anything else. They are fabulous vehicles.

That's where Ford lost me. I've had four and right now, there's nothing in their range that's an acceptable replacement.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

The profit margin on all these large pick up trucks is
outrageous, and ludicrous to boot.

The people led by their nose to pay up for these things because like someone else mentioned the have convinced the gullible consumer that they NEED all the extra junk that comes on these vehicles now as opposed to 35- 40+ years ago. Bunch of suckers.
crackmeup2.gif
13.gif

It must be massive, the difference in my case between a 2wd regular cab with no options and a 4wd one with a couple was about $15k. A transfer case and some power windows does not cost Ford, GM, or Ram that much, massive margin.

The margin on the typical $50k CC must be insane, it has all the same [censored] that the cheap trucks have. Just with some [censored] leather stretched over the seats.

I just can't justify spending that much on a truck, at least to me $50k is luxury SUV territory.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Poor availability. Extremely expensive. A Ford comparable to my Ram was 20k more. Maybe they are worth it, maybe not. I really wanted one. Each of us gets to decide. I was also tremendously disappointed that the amazing new aluminum Ford is just down to about the weight of its competition.

They are not shipping the smaller cab versions at all yet, people I know are still waiting...

I have still not seen a regular cab F150. I might have spent the extra money as well if they were very nice, but its hard tell that if I can't go to a Ford dealer and look at one.

Ford like GM seems to only feel that large companies buy them for fleets, I get the impression they are not interested in consumer regular cab sales. Unlike Ram who definitely seem to be.

Last edited:
I have still not seen a regular cab F150. I might have spent the extra money as well if they were very nice, but its hard tell that if I can't go to a Ford dealer and look at one.

I actually seen two in white today browsing the dealership. There was a leftover 2014 Extended Cab 4wd 5.0 that I really was looking to put myself in to possibly replace the VW. The dealer would not budge off the 42K sticker. Scratched that idea off the list.

Originally Posted By: Delta

I actually seen two in white today browsing the dealership. There was a leftover 2014 Extended Cab 4wd 5.0 that I really was looking to put myself in to possibly replace the VW. The dealer would not budge off the 42K sticker. Scratched that idea off the list.

Too bad. A local Ford dealership is trying to sell a 2014 S.C. XLT 5.0 for 24K.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I had a similar issue. The F150 I wanted was 12K more than my RAM. I wanted a 2015 F150 but not for 25% more cost than a RAM.

I've only purchased two vehicles brand new in my life and both took hits because I didn't keep them long enough. Buying a new truck from any of the manufacturers is a bend over and grab your ankles proposition. The prices are insane!

In contrast the last four vehicles (two trucks included) I have purchased have been low mileage used vehicles at 2-4 years old. All of them were at least 40% below new MSRP and I've never been "upside down" on any of the loans. The two I recently traded in this winter both had value that I applied as a down payment on their replacements.

Originally Posted By: supton
In total, 57,410 F-Series were delivered in May,

THAT is crazy...that's more than some cars will sell all year...

Good for them, I love shiny new stuff but I would never pay that much for a truck!

That's why they still own it, its a 2 year old truck now the 16's will start shipping/ordering soon.

Try going to other area Ford dealerships and tell them what you want. They'll find it. They have a computer program that can easily look up vehicles within hundreds of miles at other dealerships. They will find the one you want at the one dealership and may be able to do a dealer trade and offer you a good price to boot. Or maybe a different dealer has a similar one.

Even better than going in - contact the internet sales managers of the other dealerships to tell them what you are in the market for.

I recently did this with our 2014 Edge we got at the end of April. We are in Lexington, the dealer was just south of Cincinnati, and the vehicle came from a dealer in Columbus.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I still don't understand why people want such an expensive truck for daily driving.

Actually, you understand it clearly. Americans, and especially Americans with families, don't want to be crammed into Toyota Corolla/Honda Civic sized cars. Even the Accord/Camry/Taurus is a far cry smaller than a real American car.

From personal experience, I tried doing the 2006, Jetta TDI thing. On family trips, it was WAY too small. To the point of being absurdly crammed. Kids, car seats, dogs, storage capacity, are all a factor.

Put another way, the "Classic" American car has been legislated out of existence. So, Americans simply choose the SUV or truck as a viable replacement.

At the local gym, I watch mom after mom pull up in SUV's. Take the 2 children and put them in the kids room. Not one of them drives an Accord or Camry. And with the strollers, car seats, supplies and junk that they carry, it's no surprise they choose a truck.

In essence, people that ask Americans to drive small cars are asking them to be impractical. They actually are intelligent and know what they need.

Last edited:
I don't know about "intelligent" or being practical, but they buy what they want.

Trucks and big SUV's do not have the ride penalty that they used to. I suspect most new vehicle buyers will not hold onto a vehicle for more than five years, so owning a Camcord and a F150 RCLB means they have now spend more than if they just bought a luxury crewcab.

Growing up my parents had zero issues raising two kids with a regular 4 door sedan and my dad always drove a regular cab truck.

Camping, road trips, no issues with room.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
I wish Ford still made the Crown Victoria, I own one, totally love it and cant replace it with any new Ford made TODAY.

I totally agree! Luv my 2011 LX CV! Driving this car until the frame rusts into two!

Growing up my parents had zero issues raising two kids with a regular 4 door sedan and my dad always drove a regular cab truck.

Camping, road trips, no issues with room.

We had no problem with compact/mid-size sedan while raising 2 kids. Never own anything other than cars(sedan, coupe and convertible).

2006 Volvo V70 wagon is my daughter car, not mine. She is staying with us and I'm maintain her car that why I included.

Last edited:
Yes, you know in Europe people have families that have a couple of kids and the stuff that goes with them, and take vacations, and somehow they seem to cope just fine with medium and compact cars.

Its the difference between a want and a need.

You need a car to get around with room for other people.

You want a fully loaded F150 because its more comfy.

Last edited:
True. Here is the $64,000 question.. Do all the people who dislike SUV and trucks want them made illegal to buy or own??
Is that really freedom at the end of the day?? For the record I don't like the SUVs really at all myself. But I do feel like they should be allowed to be bought, sold and owned.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Yes, you know in Europe people have families that have a couple of kids and the stuff that goes with them, and take vacations, and somehow they seem to cope just fine with medium and compact cars.

Last I knew their CUV sales were rising. Their narrow roads will always preclude our massive full sized vehicles, but I get the impression that they too would rather have the larger cars if they could. Gas price and taxes help prevent that of course.

One can always get by on less, but when given the chance one often will try to get a little bit more than the barest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back