Ford Required Injection Cleaning Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Ford have a formal "required" or "recommended" fuel injection cleaning and intake track cleaning interval on the 2L GDI? I do not see anything in the Owner's Manual (2012 Focus). Family member was recently charged $175 for "fuel injection cleaning service" and $169 "fuel induction cleaning Service" by a Ford dealer. Car has 60k miles. Sure seems like a scam to me.

Originally Posted by BBDartCA
Does Ford have a formal "required" or "recommended" fuel injection cleaning and intake track cleaning interval on the 2L GDI? I do not see anything in the Owner's Manual (2012 Focus). Family member was recently charged $175 for "fuel injection cleaning service" and $169 "fuel induction cleaning Service" by a Ford dealer. Car has 60k miles. Sure seems like a scam to me.

They better be pulling the head of and start walnut blasting. They are going to do what Trav said. Don't do it unless you DIY or start experiencing problems.

That was a "dealer" profit improvement "service" as Trav pointed out. I bought my first new car in 1972, a VW Beetle, and the dealer back then was pushing this and many other voodoo treatments on a new car. Times haven't changed in 47 years as to the dealers ways to separate you from your money.

Whimsey

Doesn't Wally World offer an induction cleaning service (Valvoline) for about thirty bucks? That's about a fifth of what anyone else charges. Think they even throw it in with a PYB oil change for a further discount. Have no idea if that's even worth the money let alone what your family member was charged.

Anyone have any experience with Wally doing this? I've asked about walnut blasting at various dealers, too high end for Kia apparently, they just try to talk me into the OP's money stealer. Does one just wait until things get bad and pay for some walnuts? Where? Does one have to go to a BMW dealer?

Last edited:
I've had a fuel system apart that's never been touched after 150k miles. Clean as a whistle. Most outfits that sell after-market fuel system flushes or "injector cleaners" are just full of it.

Family member was recently charged $175 for "fuel injection cleaning service" and $169 "fuel induction cleaning Service" by a Ford dealer. Car has 60k miles. Sure seems like a scam to me.

Sounds like a scam to me, also

Does Ford have a formal "required" or "recommended" fuel injection cleaning and intake track cleaning interval on the 2L GDI? I do not see anything in the Owner's Manual (2012 Focus).

You answered your own question.

I'm pretty sure the only way to do a real injection service is to pull them out and send them to a shop that does this type of service. Just did this on one of my Porsche and it was 125 dollars per injector and it worked wonders. But most cars probably don't need this service for many years or miles.

Sounds like a scam, because it is a scam. Trav pretty much summed it up, they have to be removed to clean. Sounds to me like a $175 bottle of Techron is getting dumped in the tank, maybe, and another $169 to spray some throttle body cleaner around, possibly.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
I'm pretty sure the only way to do a real injection service is to pull them out and send them to a shop that does this type of service. Just did this on one of my Porsche and it was 125 dollars per injector and it worked wonders. But most cars probably don't need this service for many years or miles.

$125 each?? I know Porsche are different, but how about this:

https://www.cruzinperformance.com/

I used them with great results before I knew about the following

This:

http://hurstinjectorservice.com/

Trav's service

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by BeerCan

$125 each?? I know Porsche are different, but how about this:

https://www.cruzinperformance.com/

Or this:

http://hurstinjectorservice.com/ Trav's service

Sorry mis type. I meant 125 total with shipping. I would have used trav but did not know about his service at the time. I used RC https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Store/c/fuel-injector-cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back