Ford recalls 43,000 SUVs due to gas leaks that can cause fires, but doesnt fix leaks

I get that the fix is to get the fuel away from the heat source, but it's a bit troubling that they're not just replacing injectors and fixing it. Seems there's been a lot of fire risk related recalls lately. I wonder how much of that is more than normal or if it's just such a quick thing to call for a fire risk as an extra security measure.

Not to just bash Ford, but I haven't had a great track record with them. To think I thought about buying one last week.

Reactions: hrv
Ford has a long history with incompetence and fires.

1712811095835.jpg

Yup, my company uses Ford for fleet vehicles. My Fusion blew the engine at 68K due to very known issues with the short block (coolant intrusion into a cylinder...) then wanted 8K from the fleet company to replace it. Now they're being forced to replace them under warranty because they got hammered in court.

So, got an Escape after that. probably 8 recalls by the time it hit 10K. Including this fire hazard one. They said my vehicle is "fine." I could go on and on. How ANYONE buys a Ford is a complete mystery to me.......

Hard Hard no from me. Never.

Speaking of fire. Two days ago a house in my area burned. Acura in the garage self ignited. Fortunately no one hurt.

Yup, my company uses Ford for fleet vehicles. My Fusion blew the engine at 68K due to very known issues with the short block (coolant intrusion into a cylinder...) then wanted 8K from the fleet company to replace it. Now they're being forced to replace them under warranty because they got hammered in court.

So, got an Escape after that. probably 8 recalls by the time it hit 10K. Including this fire hazard one. They said my vehicle is "fine." I could go on and on. How ANYONE buys a Ford is a complete mystery to me.......

Hard Hard no from me. Never.
You think my company would have dumped them after the exploding E4OD transmissions (covered by a worthless extended warranty that excluded commercial use, our E-350 cutaway box truck needed THREE rebuilds in 150K!)… Or the awesome 6.0 PSD vans that needed the body removed to replace the junk HGs… Now we have the grenading 10R80 trannys that are screwing up by 50K due to design flaws… You would think they would have learned to DUMP Ford!!

Back