Ford Ranger 1991 4x4 resale value

I am selling my 1991 Ranger 4x4 extended cab, I have had since new 32 years. Where on the web is a good place to go to get a idea on what the value is. This truck is in very good shape, 158,000 original miles 4.0L V6 and the original AC still works very clean. I have a excel file with everything that has been done to the truck for 32 years. It is 2-tone black on top and silver on the bottom. I have had the black repainted, silver is the original paint.
I am a new owner of a 2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid I purchased used has all the options I wanted but the color. Got it at a great price.

If you have a Carmax near by take it in as an interested seller. They will do an inspection and make you a written offer with no obligation on your part. That will give you a decent base number to start from. You can most likely get 20-25% more than they offer as a private seller.

If you have a Carmax near by take it in as an interested seller. They will do an inspection and make you a written offer with no obligation on your part. That will give you a decent base number to start from. You can most likely get 20-25% more than they offer as a private seller.

Would CarMax even look at a 32 year old truck that they probably can't resell? They would only see it as an auction vehicle that won't make them any profit.

You can list it for sale on here. A guy on here recently sold his aunt's Arizona truck for 11k or so. Then shipped to the new owner and member on here. You can see it in the "for sale" section.

This truck is hot and getting hotter. 2nd the bringatrailer.com idea. Start high and have patience.

Ford Ranger 1991 4x4 resale value​

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

I am selling my 1991 Ranger 4x4 extended cab, I have had since new 32 years. Where on the web is a good place to go to get a idea on what the value is. This truck is in very good shape, 158,000 original miles 4.0L V6 and the original AC still works very clean. I have a excel file with everything that has been done to the truck for 32 years. It is 2-tone black on top and silver on the bottom. I have had the black repainted, silver is the original paint.
I am a new owner of a 2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid I purchased used has all the options I wanted but the color. Got it at a great price.
NADA or the National Automotive Dealers Association. At least in Colorado that's what dealerships and many private sellers use not kbb.

I was going to say the same thing. Garbage food, buying junk for very little or no reason. No wonder.
Whoa! A good baseball glove can be worth spending some money on. Depending on the level of usage it’ll see of course.

I’d go through two gloves a softball season buying cheap Nike gloves from Hibbett Sports. Upped my willingness to spend money and bought a Nokona Buffalo hide glove. I’ve had it over ten years now with just one lace repair necessary.

Four years ago, I would've said I dunno, but I got a couple of grand I'd give you for it, and that would be about what you could expect.
Today, this is probably a five figure vehicle.

My SWAG would be ~$4,000 in your market. I put in what I believe is close to the condition and options you described in the Kelley Blue Book calculator and got this result for a 1992 model (as far back as it would go):

1686872976277.png

This 90 model with low miles sold for over $15k. I know yours has more miles, but don’t short yourself using kbb values.

This 90 model with low miles sold for over $15k. I know yours has more miles, but don’t short yourself using kbb values.

Big difference between a car dealer selling a Ranger with 35K miles on the odometer vs. Private Party with 158k on the clock.

Big difference between a car dealer selling a Ranger with 35K miles on the odometer vs. Private Party with 158k on the clock.
Depends on how clean the truck is.

That was an auction site, whether it was dealer or pp does not affect auction results.

Back