Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy? Sure! Everyone is happy right after they purchase a new car!
wink.gif

What I like about the Mazda6 is that it has 3 body styles available - sedan, hatchback and wagon.
Mazda's warranty is longer too.
Mazda6 has a $2,500 rebate available plus $500 financing bonus cash if you choose to finance through Mazda.
Both rebates exp on 07/05/2006

It's just plain silly/dumb to make sweeping generalizations about how a car company's designs look, e.g. "Ford makes cars that will look outdated in two years", or "plain vanilla", etc. The way a car looks to someone is totally subjective. Hey, I might not like broccoli, but a lot of people do, right? I might think a Picasso painting looks ridiculous, but a lot of people seem to enjoy them, right? (Of course, the Fusion is no Picasso!)

I would consider the Fusion as I like the way it looks, and I've had very good luck with Fords in my past. Could get a lemon, but I'd take the chance. It would at least be in the running, something I can't say about any GM products, at least not at this point. I'm not concerned about how many HP or how fast 0-60 a family sedan or small family coupe is vs. a Toyota or Honda. I don't think it's really intended to win races. I'm concerned about overall reliability over time, economy, cost of ownership, fit and finish, and yes, looks.

But hey, that's just me!!!

quote:

Originally posted by rszappa1:
You owned a Toyota and it was junk...Well that proofs that even Toyota has a lemon every 10 or 15 years...How many have ford had? enouigh to make pleanty of lemonade for the summer....

Uh, does the word "sludge" mean anything to you? Go back and do some Toyota research using the keyword "sludge" and let me know what you find. I'm not sure, but I *think* that may constitute more than a "lemon eery 10 or 15 years", don't you think?
rolleyes.gif

No, watch the Fusion "Bold Moves" commercial.
If that guy in the Mustang isn't gay, then the Fusion is a cutting-edge vehicle
lol.gif

Scott

The Fusion is a nice car but it uses the 3.0 V-6 out of the old Taurus 24 Valve option, although a great motor, there are more refined motors in other cars with higher HP (203 currently)

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
I like the Pontiac G6 better.

I rented one(not by choice I don't really care) and felt well GM produced a new rental car. Nothing special which is perfect for a rental.

However I am sure it appeals to some which is great. It is just too bad it for GM the G6 does not have mass appeal like the Fusion has had to drive up their sales.

quote:

Originally posted by lght1:
Hi

quote:

My daughter drove a Fusion before buying a new Camry and said the same thing. She said the inside was not nearly as large as the Camry and the materials in the Ford looked cheap and poorly assembled.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here is mine.

I am a high mileage driver, having put over 100,000 on my own car in 25 months, and after driving the fusion, i am pleased to say that i liked it.

Although I havent owned a ford in a very long time, I would certainly consider this new entry.

I was actually sort of surprised when she told me this. She's certainly the target market for the car. I'm the one who suggested she go drive the Fusion but I haven't looked at one closely myself. I'm really not interested in intermediate size 4 door sedans...

quote:

Originally posted by Nappers:
The Fusion is a nice car but it uses the 3.0 V-6 out of the old Taurus 24 Valve option, although a great motor, there are more refined motors in other cars with higher HP (203 currently)

This is not directed at you, Nappers (
cheers.gif
), but I hear the term "more refined" used a lot when describing automobiles. I'm not really sure that is a scientific term, but I'm assuming it means something like, perhaps:

1. quieter?
2. better put-together?
3. more hp?
4. more torque?
5. better fuel economy?
6. faster 0-60?
7. faster in the quarter?
8. easier to work on?
9. better materials?
10. better sub-systems?
11. prettier?

My point is that when people/magazines/journals are describing these things, I wish they'd be more specific. It's too easy to simply throw out the term "more refined" without really clarifying it. To me, it almost comes off as something like, "Well, I can't really put my finger on it, and I'm too lazy to do more research to clarify this, and I just think this (whatever) should be better, so I'll just say that this engine/car/interior/whatever is more refined..."

mad.gif

As far as 11 goes, the old Duratec 2.5L has one of the nicest looking intake manifolds I've ever seen. It looks kinda like the Taurus SHO intake manifolds, but it's all one piece.

quote:

Originally posted by Nappers:

That's not the same engine!
It has the same block.
But the heads have been extensively reworked by Mazda.

quote:

Originally posted by rjundi:

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
I like the Pontiac G6 better.

I rented one(not by choice I don't really care) and felt well GM produced a new rental car. Nothing special which is perfect for a rental.

However I am sure it appeals to some which is great. It is just too bad it for GM the G6 does not have mass appeal like the Fusion has had to drive up their sales.

You guys have obviously not driven the GTP version (which has an optional 6 speed stick, BTW). THAT is a fun car. It handles very well, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back