Ford F-150 EV Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Shannow

People who think that they are going to be throwing 40KWh into the truck at night at reduced cost in 2025 are delusional, or just don't do science very well.

Shannow,

You and I agree on most everything. But I'm here to tell you that few real F150 operators are going to put "just" 40KWH into their F150 4x4 Super Crew mega truck at night. It's going to spin the meter to the tune of something more like 80KWH per night or more. Considering charger and battery charging losses.

I drive 3 of these things (work and personal) and they are far from inexpensive to operate. Even with our reasonably low fuel prices, it costs me $12 per day to commute from Jupiter to PBI if I drive the F150. If I make multiple trips (common) it's not unusual to see daily fuel burn nearing $40.

For those of us who drive a lot, electric power is not a money saver at current KWH rates and real world EV consumption.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
If the F-150 is electric how will billy joe redneck make all the noise he currently does in his straight piped V8 pick-em up truck?
lol.gif

Upload the audio software and push it out a weatherproof speaker mounted under the rear bed. Joe Redneck will be able to tune his F150 to even sound like a Lamborghini !!

Don't laugh about fake engine sounds. It is apparently TRUE that at least with the 3.5 ecoboost in some trim levels (Lariat and above?) there is fake engine noise piped into cabin over the speakers to make the driver more satisfied perhaps?

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/fake-engine-noise-441245/

You can't make this stuff up !!!

P.S. My XL/STX trim level clearly doesn't have it, the 2.7 twin turbo V6 is whisper quiet for the most part in comparison to most trucks

My friend's BMW i8 has fake sound under sport mode.
Electric front motor and turbo 3 cylinder rear engine....
Fake sound plays through the speakers.

Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back