Ford Explorer AC quit again

Hey all. Had the AC system largely replaced under warranty on our 2017 Explorer about 30 days ago. The old compressor grenaded and there was a large list of parts they needed to replace. Quit working again today and is only blowing warm air. Is it possible that it failed again so quickly or is it likely that something else is going on here that they’ll want to charge me to fix? I know I’m not giving you a lot to work with…

might have a tiny leak from being worked on.. or could have self destructed again if job done improperly.

If the compressor grenade it it may have been small parts of it that got into the system that would wreak havoc after it was repaired. That would be on the original repairer to repair it again because they didn't do it right in the first place. Often when a compressor grenades you have to replace everything in the entire system because the small pieces get throughout the entire system. Intercourse a dealership in the tech is throwing the job wants to do it in a hurry because there's so many hours that are allocated for the job and they want to bring it in under the allocated hours because if they bring it over the allocated hours they don't get paid for that. So they do it quick and they do it cheap which may not be doing it right. So I would highly suspect that it's not your fault or even the system's fault that it failed this time but the fault that it wasn't properly fixed when it was worked on. They don't have the time to do it right but they have the time to do it over again. But you have to be smart enough to realize that it's their fault that it failed this time.

Got to flush the entire system, bet it wasn’t done well enough. Orifice tube/expansion valve is the smallest point, or there’s a major leak somewhere…

If the compressor grenade it it may have been small parts of it that got into the system that would wreak havoc after it was repaired. That would be on the original repairer to repair it again because they didn't do it right in the first place. Often when a compressor grenades you have to replace everything in the entire system because the small pieces get throughout the entire system. Intercourse a dealership in the tech is throwing the job wants to do it in a hurry because there's so many hours that are allocated for the job and they want to bring it in under the allocated hours because if they bring it over the allocated hours they don't get paid for that. So they do it quick and they do it cheap which may not be doing it right. So I would highly suspect that it's not your fault or even the system's fault that it failed this time but the fault that it wasn't properly fixed when it was worked on. They don't have the time to do it right but they have the time to do it over again. But you have to be smart enough to realize that it's their fault that it failed this time.

Yes, this makes sense. In the work order they noted the need to use a flush for the system. I’m guessing it was not done fully or competently…

I know that things replaced/repaired by the dealer do have some warranty. Check your repair warranty and take it back.

Had my compressor freeze up last month. Luckily, I had a warranty on it and it was taken care of quickly, once it was diagnosed. Auto shop also gave their work a 24 month/24K mile warranty.

Of course the air came back on and was blowing cold air for the dealership. They kept it all day and tried several times and all systems appeared fine. I took it back home, AC still working, no charge($). They said to bring it back in if it stops working again and they will look at it on the spot…

Of course the air came back on and was blowing cold air for the dealership. They kept it all day and tried several times and all systems appeared fine. I took it back home, AC still working, no charge($). They said to bring it back in if it stops working again and they will look at it on the spot…
Oh that’s crazy. Did you not know the secret series of buttons and selections to make?

Back