Ford CEO Farley making the tough decisions

After reading the article, the question is who is going to buy Ford's pickup truck division? GM, Mercedes, or VW? Stick a fork in Ford, it is over for them, as long as Farley continues at the helm. Honda Civic drivers often end up buying Acuras. Toyota Corolla buyers often end up buying lexus. That is how it works, no Harvard MBA or brain power needed to know that.

Ford can't survive/compete long term by being a niche player. It's obvious Farley wants to generate short term profits till he can cash out/ retire.
Joke !!

Ford ain’t done

I rent all the time and request CUV’s … they seem to wind up being an AWD Escape or maybe an Edge - I’m not looking for a sedan even when renting …

Sales for 2022

Looks pretty solid to me for an economy that’s in the tanks and supply issues that’s crazy as !!!!!

Nobody talks about other brands like they do Ford about to fail. Ford could down size and still outsell most brands
Ford will survive !

Attachments

• 6E948225-A6D4-4A17-80B3-F05FE4916F75.jpeg
    6E948225-A6D4-4A17-80B3-F05FE4916F75.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 7
  • E54CBF7B-A8D3-4A81-8120-69B50446843E.jpeg
    E54CBF7B-A8D3-4A81-8120-69B50446843E.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • A174D9EE-B45E-4490-A8FD-7E313696A972.jpeg
    A174D9EE-B45E-4490-A8FD-7E313696A972.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 6
I'm a Ford guy, I currently drive a Ford flagship vehicle, and I refuse to buy a new Ford simply due to the terrible dealership experiences I have had. Acquiring my GT500 was a miserable experience full of deceit and fabrications, and I will never repeat it.
I wish every single day Ford (and other car makers) sold direct to public. I understand the logistical hurdles and contract impossibilities associated with such a dream, and I realize it will never happen, but boy wouldn't it be nice if I could just buy my car without having to mess around at a dealership.

I'm a Ford guy, I currently drive a Ford flagship vehicle, and I refuse to buy a new Ford simply due to the terrible dealership experiences I have had. Acquiring my GT500 was a miserable experience full of deceit and fabrications, and I will never repeat it.
I wish every single day Ford (and other car makers) sold direct to public. I understand the logistical hurdles and contract impossibilities associated with such a dream, and I realize it will never happen, but boy wouldn't it be nice if I could just buy my car without having to mess around at a dealership.
I’m sorry for your misery with your Ford dealer.
I’m on the other side of your misery
My Ford Dealer is Amazing

Cars ????
They only make a Mustang

And SUV’s and Trucks
The cost per FTE is really high for Ford and domestics in general. The cost* difference between domestics vs US-made foreign is around $15/hr.

Cars just aren't as profitable as trucks/SUVs.

*Cost: Wages and benefits.

I’m sorry for your misery with your Ford dealer.
I’m on the other side of your misery
My Ford Dealer is Amazing
We have great service departments in my small town - same guys have been turning wrenches forever. However - they don’t always sell vehicles for the same price as big city dealers - but you can get warranty work done at more than one dealership …

Was bored yesterday.

Test drove the Vinfast VF8. Interesting experience. Not sure why anyone would buy it. It’s about $10K too expensive. Mach-E is cheaper and better. And no market adjustment on that. But overall buying a Vinfast would have probably been a great experience because you buy it directly from them. No dealers!

Maverick is $10K over MSRP. Plus the sales guy **** talked Chevy for 15 minutes. When I pulled up on one. Both companies make good and less good vehicles.

Bolt is $5K over MSRP. And they only had bright blue ones. They were willing to negotiate by $2K. Conveniently there were $2K worth of dealer addons. Paint protection etc. sales guy was out of touch. “Wow look it has regen and Bluetooth and you can find charging stations in apps” (again, I pulled up in a Volt).

Can’t get rid of car dealers fast enough! They suck!!

Was bored yesterday.

Test drove the Vinfast VF8. Interesting experience. Not sure why anyone would buy it. It’s about $10K too expensive. Mach-E is cheaper and better. And no market adjustment on that. But overall buying a Vinfast would have probably been a great experience because you buy it directly from them. No dealers!

Maverick is $10K over MSRP. Plus the sales guy **** talked Chevy for 15 minutes. When I pulled up on one. Both companies make good and less good vehicles.
I never understood this, and it has happened to me at a few dealerships. I'm here looking at your product, interested in your product. Tell me about YOUR product, not why the others suck. In fact, I take that back, don't tell me anything, because so far I usually have more knowledge on the car from doing my research than the sales guy does.

My father bought his 2020 Grand Cherokee at a local dealership, and they were great to deal with. The sales guy has been there almost 20 years, and the dealership owner (family owned) is usually seen walking the floor checking in with customers. The guy saw we knew what we wanted, so all he did was go over extended warranty stuff, not push us onto something more expensive.

I never understood this, and it has happened to me at a few dealerships. I'm here looking at your product, interested in your product. Tell me about YOUR product, not why the others suck. In fact, I take that back, don't tell me anything, because so far I usually have more knowledge on the car from doing my research than the sales guy does.

My father bought his 2020 Grand Cherokee at a local dealership, and they were great to deal with. The sales guy has been there almost 20 years, and the dealership owner (family owned) is usually seen walking the floor checking in with customers. The guy saw we knew what we wanted, so all he did was go over extended warranty stuff, not push us onto something more expensive.
Exactly. Trash talking the competition especially when I pulled up in one is not going to make me want to buy from you!

I probably do have more product knowledge about both the Bolt and Maverick than either of the sales people. So why do we need them?

I have yet to meet a dealer sales guy that actually knew the product he was selling better than I did.

The Ford dealer I’ve traded with for over 35 years has employees that have been there for over 30 years or more. It’s nice to have guys who know their product

Glad to hear. There are only a few of the great dealerships left.

Was bored yesterday.

Bolt is $5K over MSRP. And they only had bright blue ones. They were willing to negotiate by $2K. Conveniently there were $2K worth of dealer addons. Paint protection etc. sales guy was out of touch. “Wow look it has regen and Bluetooth and you can find charging stations in apps” (again, I pulled up in a Volt).

Can’t get rid of car dealers fast enough! They suck!!
There are 17 states where there are laws on the books that says VINFast can't sell direct/deliver to customers. You cannot take delivery of a new Tesla in Utah.

Do they have any good reason for these laws?
These franchise laws go back to the beginning of the auto industry in the US.

Ostensibly it was to protect the us consumer from the predatory manufacturers, but that morphed into the dealers being predatory.

The big 3 MUST sell through a dealer channel.

Tesla broke this mold.

Chip fab is a highly technical and difficult process requiring billions and billions of dollars in investment and technical knowledge. There’s a reason there are so few chip manufacturers in the world and to my knowledge not a single car company makes their own chips.
Toyota is building a chip plant in the United States.

Back