FORD BRAND OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up some Ford brand motor at WalMart. I needed 5W20. The Ford brand is a synthetic blend. Now I realize that Ford does not make motor oil. Can someone please tell what brand oil I actually bought. Thanks in advance for your help!
By the way the same oil was featured in a Ford commercial on their car service.
~Howard

Motorcraft is an excellent oil...a super bargain at less than $3/qt. It turns in great UOAs for OCIs in the 5-7K range. Made by ConocoPhillips to Ford specifications, 3rd largest U.S. oil company, Houston based.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Motorcraft is an excellent oil...a super bargain at less than $3/qt. It turns in great UOAs for OCIs in the 5-7K range. Made by ConocoPhillips to Ford specifications, 3rd largest U.S. oil company, Houston based.

Bingo. The way I view OEM products is that pretty much every product/part is made by a supplier according to the standards of the company on the label.

Value price and a good oil. Their filters are cheaper than Frams and are of great quality. They can be had for less than $3.50 at my walmart.

Third post since '04?
You are the winner of the restrained poster award!
Seriously, MC SB seems to do well in every application people have tried it in, and it is priced right.
You could also use an MC oil filter if one is avaiable for your application.
Good filter at a good price.

Also now make the Honda blend selling at the stealer $7. Look in voa section Motorcraft and Honda 99% same.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
Motorcraft oil is made by ConocoPhillips - who also makes Kendall, Trop Artic and several other brands. Very good oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back