Ford 3.5L Ecoboost / Kirkland 5w-30 / 2.5k miles /

Well, my heart sank when I got the email today. Im weighing my options. I changed the vaccum pump on this oil change, but that doesnt explain it. These are low milage intervals too. Input anyone?

Edit. I should add I have no symptoms of anything wrong. Nothing. Just this report

Attachments

• f1502021.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
6-23-21.jpg

Wow, that looks exceptionally bad. Was there an event that led to this? Have you used any additives? The oil seems to be really high in just about everything. I don't see the Kirkland oil having more of everything than an A3/B4 Euro oil.

I would start by asking Blackstone to run the sample again and if they don't have oil left, ask them if they would run it again if you send them another sample. Or better yet, send a sample to another lab like Wearcheck.

Have you done any off roading or anything where an intake leak would have the opportunity to take in a lot of dirt?

If this analysis is accurate, something has gone very wrong and this engine won't last too much longer.

This thing is a grocery getter. No offroading or towing. Nothing added to the oil. Perhaps the permatex rtv for the vaccum pump gasket added some chemicals? Ill check the intake filter, but I check my vehicles every week, I'm ridiculous. Hell look at my oci's. If there was a leak in the boost piping (intake) I'm sure Id hear it and it would pop codes. I have zero codes. I don't have oil for a 2nd sample. They did call me while at work. I will call back tomorrow.

Edit. No event for this, just normal oil change, no issues with the truck

Any chance something not attached and dirt just flowing in?
Im sure it would pop codes for low boost or something similar. I will def be looking at the intake this weekend though. Im interested in what blackstone has to say when I call tommorow.

Wow, that looks exceptionally bad. Was there an event that led to this? Have you used any additives? The oil seems to be really high in just about everything. I don't see the Kirkland oil having more of everything than an A3/B4 Euro oil.
That is very odd with the kirkland add pack. All those additives seem very high. That last oil change was pennzoil ultra platinum btw.

I don't think the second analysis make sense if looked at as a 2500 miles trend with the first. Look at what happened to the additive metals Ca, Mg, P, ZN and B. The ratio of Si:Al=7:1 suggests a high dirt load although dirt is typically Si:Al=3.4:1. With dirt this high I would expect higher bearing metals. Does Blackstone retain samples and do retests? I would ask for confirmation. If this isn't an option I would change the oil and oil filter. I would also check the air filter for tears and proper seating and sealing. Repeat the sequence in question.

Just checked the piping on the low pressure side of the turbos, the air box and filter. Found no smoking gun. As a test i disconnected the piping right after the air box and map sensor, thereby introducing a large leak. I saw no pending codes on the pcm, is that normal?

Back