for light scuff-marks...Tip needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's Elantra (black) has some light scratches...very much on the surface, and the areas look a bit whitish, but doesn't show primer or anything. (typical door-scrape type scrtaches), and I've been told one easily "buff-off" these scratches, and there's no need to touch them up or anything.

What would be the correct product(s) to use to "buff-off" such light scratches?
(I have some t.wax rubbing compund and polishing compuound, but I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to use)

EDIT: after reading a bit on Autopia, I think the "scratches" I mentioned are actually these (from autopia):
"...Scuffs and rub marks - Scuffs are broad, shallow surface abrasions that are easily repaired by polishing. Rub marks are commonly caused by shoe heels (getting in and out of the car) or the bumpers of other cars. The rub mark is generally a transfer of rubber or other vinyl material to the paint surface. Rub marks are easily removed by compounding and polishing..."

unfortunately they didn't mention any specific products..

some advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

[ April 08, 2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: 97tbird ]

Try 1st... any wax that you might have on hand. Avoid compounding if you don't need it. After the surface is clean and dry, wax the whole pannel. I have often removed some fine scratches from painted surfaces just by waxing with a little elbow grease. For example; The rubber handles from a childs tricycle or someone leaning/sitting on my car and getting up too fast, etc....Wax On / Wax Off !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back