For EAGLE vehicle fans of old

Way back in 1996, I nearly bought a 1993 Eagle Vision TSi from the local dealer.

Admittedly, it looked and drove nicely, but in retrospect, I was very lucky. Those were certainly POS when new, and with my limited budget in those days, that car would have bankrupted me for sure.

I wound up with a Grand Marquis… it did nothing but be reliable in my time owning it. Except when the alternator failed. 😎😁

Friend had an '89 Colt Vista. High roof, lots of glass and economical.
We "knew" that someday Chrysler would import and rebadge the perfect Asian car and that we'd be the first to have one.
still waitin'
My mom had one of these-it was an oil burning, rusty, fuel injector killing piece of Mitsubishi garbage!

We "knew" that someday Chrysler would import and rebadge the perfect Asian car and that we'd be the first to have one.
still waitin'
A friend of mine had a Colt in AZ. we were on the highway about 60 or so and he turned on the AC. It was like slamming the brakes!!

Ray Magliozzsi had an '87 Dodge Colt. He and Tom would speak about it frequently on Car Talk

still waitin'
We had an 85. My mother also had a colt, and my father a plymouth champ (79, iirc). They always liked to have economical commuter cars.

Really just a badge-engineered Eclipse, but I loved it. Turbo / AWD / Manual was heaven for this 21-year-old. Perfect sporty car for the northern states. ❤️

Talon.jpg

I was really into the Eagle Talon AWD back in 1989-90. I should still have a brochure somewhere. Ended up with an ‘90 Acura Integra that put an end to my Honda fan days.

We had a 1992 Expo LRV. That turned out to be a very versatile vehicle. Great fuel economy, lots of room to put stuff if the back seats were down.

That car went just over 20 years and well over 300k before the transmission went out and it wasn’t worth fixing. The 1.8 four banger was a nice smooth engine with no problems at all.

We owned a 1990 Eagle Premier for a short period of time, the biggest pile of 💩 ever, along with a 2002 Kia Sportage.

Ordered a 96 Talon TSi AWD 5 speed. It was pretty fast already for the day, but I made some modifications. Replaced the stock airbox with a K&N cone, used to love the sound of it dumping boost when shifting. I also crushed the pressure popoff valve to get more boost as per the Talon Digest instructions. Since this is on BITOG, I ran Mobil 1 15-50 in it in summer, and 0-40? in winter. Dumped the manual tranny fluid and had Redline MTF in it. I did have to replace spark plugs fairly frequently to keep it from missing out. My speed record in it was with 3 + me going down 4 lane hiway at 135+ and still accelerating when I decided to cool it.

Tears ago I drove a new Plymouth Laser . Felt like it was gliding on the interstate compared to 3 speed automatics we had .

A guy that worked for me bought his daughter an Eagle Talon for graduation. Car ran great, but had a bad habit of blowing oil seals out! I think they were camshaft oil seals.

Back