Fluid Film on Hub Flanges

I’ve used corrosion free, which is similar to FF, on the hubs in the past and it prevented the rotors from sticking for sure. I prefer antiseize, but FF or some other rustproofing product will work well in this area.

It’s one thing to theorize how it will not work, burn off or something else, it’s another to actually use it and see it work.

I live in and service vehicles in rusty NY. I've used fluid film on hub faces for a few years and the old rotors come right off when sprayed during the last brake job, even if there was a hot situation like a sticking caliper.

Reactions: wtd
I’ve used corrosion free, which is similar to FF, on the hubs in the past and it prevented the rotors from sticking for sure. I prefer antiseize, but FF or some other rustproofing product will work well in this area.

It’s one thing to theorize how it will not work, burn off or something else, it’s another to actually use it and see it work.
Yeah, I had a front caliper sticking and it was getting quite hot for a couple days before I noticed it, and the rotor was pretty much dry, but came off easily anyways. But I squirt whatever oily substance is handy on the hub/rotor/wheel interface when I do brakes or swap tires for winter/summer and there's always some oily substance left in the spring/fall. Unless you are tracking or towing or drag your brakes a lot in the mountains, they don't get all that hot normally. And 1 hard stop mostly heats the pads and the vented part of the rotor.
I can't say I've ever noticed oil or grease contamination on the pads either, even with a busted CV boot slinging grease everywhere, except with a badly leaking brake cylinder.

Back