Florida Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the 18th trip to Florida driving my 96 Mercury Grand Marquis. Got in at 2:30 this afternoon. We put 2500 miles on with this trip so the total mileage is now 213,500 miles. Car ran great with good mileage, 25.2 MPG. I changed oil 2 weeks before leaving, M1 10-30 EP, and the oil level has droped about 1/8" off from full mark.

My daughter raced in her first Triathlon at Panama City Beach.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What other parts of FL did you visit ?

First drove to Gainesville where my son and family live. Then took my grandson to Panama City for the race, then back to Gainesville and finally home.

What are your favorite stopping points, and why?

I think we all have our favorite spots for various reasons. I like clean rest areas/towns that have a Starbucks :)

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
What are your favorite stopping points, and why?

I think we all have our favorite spots for various reasons. I like clean rest areas/towns that have a Starbucks :)

+1 mmm ... Starbucks!
thumbsup2.gif

Just south of Gainesville, on Hwy 301 you sometimes find Gator ribs for sale. You should try them on your next trip, and report back.

All along 301 and 441 south of Gainesville are picturesque horse farms. Also north central Florida has many clear springs and rivers. Cedar Key on the Gulf side is old Florida at it's best.

Originally Posted By: tig1
All along 301 and 441 south of Gainesville are picturesque horse farms. Also north central Florida has many clear springs and rivers. Cedar Key on the Gulf side is old Florida at it's best.
Cedar key, Crystal river, Fort DeSoto in Pinellas county, very nice places. I cant stay out of Fort DeSoto park.

Originally Posted By: Fester
Originally Posted By: tig1
Cedar key, Crystal river, Fort DeSoto in Pinellas county, very nice places. I cant stay out of Fort DeSoto park.
Yes indeed. I grew up in St Petersburg and camped at Ft Desoto many times. I love the beach!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back