Florida impact fee's to build

I thought I would start a new thread to aid in those of you looking to build in FL.

THis is a generic statement but inpact fee's have sky rocketed throughout most of the state. In Brevard County, which I would say is middle of the road in fee's, this is roughtly what you will pay for a 2000 sf home.

Brevard County collects the following types of impact fees:

• Transportation $4400
  • Correctional Facilities $72.00
  • EMS $40.00
  • Fire Rescue $55.00
  • Library Facilities $64.00
  • Educational Facilities $5100.00
  • Solid Waste $200.00
Buulding impact fee are just under $10,000. That does not include permit fees which are as follows:

Application Processing Fee$25.00 Due at application submittal
Unlicensed Contractor Activity Enforcement$10.00 Due at application submittal
Building Code Review$75.00 for the first $1,000.00 of job value + $3.25 per $1,000.00 of job value or portion thereafter. (Based on construction value or Building Value Data Table, whichever value is greater.)
Florida State Surcharge F.S. 468.631 BCA1.5% of the Building Code fees above (which includes the Application Fee) or $2.00 whichever is greater
Florida State Surcharge F.S. 553.721 FBC1% of the Building Code fees above (which includes the Application Fee) or $2.00 whichever is greater
Concurrency Review$79.00 Flat Fee
Land Development Review$240.00
Flat FeeNatural Resources Review$90.00 - $300.00
Natural Resources Base Fee$90.00 - $300.00
Landscape Base FeeAddress Assignment$60.00 per address
Zoning Review$36.00
Base FeeUtilities ReviewVaries by project, contact Utility Services Department

Watch the Rick and Morty mini verse episode. It explains it better than any economist I’ve seen.

IMG_3527.gif

It's as if they hired someone who used to work for a car dealer.
Or from California. CA permitting fees are through the roof, hopefully the rest of the country doesn’t move in the same direction.

Being a conservative state, I would expect Florida to have smaller government and lower fees but I guess everyone’s hurting for revenue.

Please. It's not possessive. It's fees, plural.

If you're a realtor....well, honestly you wouldn't be my realtor based solely on that. It's unprofessional and smacks of ignorance from a profession where DETAILS MATTER and paperwork is important

I don't know how I feel about a flat education fee having no kids, but paying the same as someone with 3-4 kids. But what can you do?

I thought I would start a new thread to aid in those of you looking to build in FL.

THis is a generic statement but inpact fee's have sky rocketed throughout most of the state. In Brevard County, which I would say is middle of the road in fee's, this is roughtly what you will pay for a 2000 sf home.

Brevard County collects the following types of impact fees:

• Transportation $4400
  • Correctional Facilities $72.00
  • EMS $40.00
  • Fire Rescue $55.00
  • Library Facilities $64.00
  • Educational Facilities $5100.00
  • Solid Waste $200.00
Buulding impact fee are just under $10,000. That does not include permit fees which are as follows:

Application Processing Fee$25.00 Due at application submittal
Unlicensed Contractor Activity Enforcement$10.00 Due at application submittal
Building Code Review$75.00 for the first $1,000.00 of job value + $3.25 per $1,000.00 of job value or portion thereafter. (Based on construction value or Building Value Data Table, whichever value is greater.)
Florida State Surcharge F.S. 468.631 BCA1.5% of the Building Code fees above (which includes the Application Fee) or $2.00 whichever is greater
Florida State Surcharge F.S. 553.721 FBC1% of the Building Code fees above (which includes the Application Fee) or $2.00 whichever is greater
Concurrency Review$79.00 Flat Fee
Land Development Review$240.00
Flat FeeNatural Resources Review$90.00 - $300.00
Natural Resources Base Fee$90.00 - $300.00
Landscape Base FeeAddress Assignment$60.00 per address
Zoning Review$36.00
Base FeeUtilities ReviewVaries by project, contact Utility Services Department
So, ~ 12-13K-ish total?

I don't know how I feel about a flat education fee having no kids, but paying the same as someone with 3-4 kids. But what can you do?
They do similar in Pa. They collect a YEARLY school tax kids or no kids.

Isn’t there a Little House On The Prairie episode where Charles gets upset when property tax was being proposed?

Education is one thing I'm okay with paying for, even if I don't have kids. Assuming it's used for actual education and not sports. Sacrifices must be made if we want to progress humanity.

Continuing, I'm okay with certain fees, like road maintenance fees assuming it's actually used per the name; but we all know how the politicians are with money....

Dad2to

Oh no, I probably will not sleep knowing that tonight Karen.

Back