flirting at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
9%... 4% parish I think, 5% state.

consequently we pay like 3% on anything edible.

weird system.

As for the flirting thing, realistically, it happens almost every time I go. I have to chalk up my consistent luck to something. Flirting is just as good an excuse as any.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat

As for the flirting thing, realistically, it happens almost every time I go. I have to chalk up my consistent luck to something. Flirting is just as good an excuse as any.

I just lick my eyebrows...

If they don't faint I get a good price...

I'm not sure that having a Walmart cashier 'flirt' with me is a good thing! LOL... Just sayin...

Sometimes you have to do things you aren't proud of lol

Besides, down here it's usually a pretty young black girl at least. The old white ladies are usually without fail rude and angry.

I admit I do make it a point to avoid the grumpy semployees.

Think I'm going to actually return my stash of delo and see if I can score some 20w50 to service the hydraulics on the mower.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
Glad to see the direction the forum has taken. Now I remember why I left this place the first time.

I pointed out the oil was on sale locally for cheaper than their price..though I couldn't remember exactly what said price was. She asked if 8.99 was acceptable... the end. This wad actually the second buggy. The first, with only one jug, was full of 100$ worth of school supplies.

I would hardly define it as theft, merely an over eager assistant manager who wanted the customer to buy their made in China junk.

Should I bother to mention the 100$ worth of legal pads, pens, and padfolios was for law school? I think not. It would likely cause discusssoons of conspiracy.

Why didn't you just tell the whole story in the first place instead of leading people to believe you got a discount for simply flirting with the cashier?

+1

Wow, I thought all of Baton Rouge was here today.
lol.gif

(don't eat the grass Les...it's not real)

Flirting with the cashier/waitress/etc... for good results? Works like a charm in the South.

Smile and greet? I always get at least a smile back. More often than not I will be referred to as, "sweetie" "sugar"...etc... and once in awhile the waitress gives you a free slice of pie or something.

Doesn't work worth a [darn] up north.

I started an experiment one time in Ohio. Greeted the cashier with a smile and a friendly, "Hello." She made this face where she jutted out her top teeth, wrinkled her nose, and squinted at me in response.
So I started to do it to everybody.
The waitress at Skyline smiled back and called me "sweetie". She was from Kentucky so she doesn't count. Virtually everybody else made some sort of face.
They did that in Massachusetts too. Once you get far enough away from Lowell, New Hampshire people are really friendly. But from Worcester to Lowell via Boston, same weird unfriendly responses as Ohio.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
We pay 8.25% here

By current Texas law, it can only go as high as 8.25%. But we do not have a state income tax. Let's hope Gov Rick doesn't talk to his neighbor Gov Bobby and decide we need a state income tax too.

8% in Arlington.

I like cute cashiers as much as the next guy, but the cashier's at my local Walmart are not the type most fellas would want to flirt with. I just buy my Motorcraft oil/filter and be on my way.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
I like cute cashiers as much as the next guy, but the cashier's at my local Walmart are not the type most fellas would want to flirt with. I just buy my Motorcraft oil/filter and be on my way.

smile.gif

My part of town has a substantial Muslim population.

The cashier in the Hijab might actually be pretty, but she is not going to flirt back with you. Especially if you are checking out with a pork shoulder for the smoker.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: cchase
Originally Posted By: Nayov
9% sales tax, wow that's high.

That's the first thing that stuck out to me, too!

+1

Gator tax

The real remarkable thing here is the question as to whether or not it's possible for the cashier to alter the price on her own. In my experience, there always has to be a price checker sent out and then authorization from a manager, creating a 10 minute plus ordeal.

Originally Posted By: Garak
The real remarkable thing here is the question as to whether or not it's possible for the cashier to alter the price on her own. In my experience, there always has to be a price checker sent out and then authorization from a manager, creating a 10 minute plus ordeal.

Price Override #4.

As long as it's not more than $15 or $20, the CSM doesn't have to stick their key in.

I worked for Wal-Mart for 7 years, had to do POR's all the time in electronics for floor models. I was always the guy who'd knock 10% more off the price of the already low floor model if they were cool about everything.

Maybe it's possible here, too, but just discouraged. Every time I've come across it (of course, behind someone, and having to wait), it's been a rather big production, and it's not like they're buying a big screen TV. It's always something stupid like a few bags of chips.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back