Fleetguard LF16002

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Coming up on the 2nd oil change for the Expedition. Was going to grab some FL820S filters from Ford, but instead, I ordered some Fleetguard LF16002 filters with the synthetic glass media.

Will post some pics when they arrive.

Hopefully it will be warm enough that I can run my experimental OCI of M1 TDT 5w40 too
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Most excellent. Why 5-40, might I ask?
54.gif

1. It is Exxon-Mobil's best oil and arguably one of, if not THE best readily available HDEO on the market.

2. I have 15L of it
grin2.gif

3. I've been using it in my 302 with fantastic success and figured I'd give it an OCI on my modular. I figure if it gets noisy or acts goofy, I'll just change it back out.

Originally Posted By: tig1
How many miles on the OC? Have you given any thought to M1 5-30 EP?

Currently has 8,000Km on the fill of M1 5w20; first OCI since I bought it. Motorcraft filter.

I figure I'll run it to 10,000Km, then try the TDT.

The EP is so ridiculously expensive in Canada it isn't even funny. I could almost do TWO OCI's of the TDT for the price of 6L of EP.

OK, picked up the Fleetguard filters yesterday and started the M1 5w40 OCI. Details will be in another thread.

Pics of filter:

Note the Stratapore media logo
grin2.gif

FleetguardOCI02.jpg

The one filter had a piece of the metal mesh backing jutting up through the centre, so I'm going to take it back:

FleetguardOCI03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came off a 7,000 mile OCI(would have gone 10,000 miles
easly) with a fleetguard Stratapore filter (LF3554),love these
filters top of the line IMO,your protected well.
thumbsup2.gif

I could use these in my MC FL-820S app. I like the media also for high OCI's, 10K miles should be no problem at all.

What I don't understand is why they don't use a silicon ADBV.

Perhaps the rubber valve is heavy enough that they don't need to. I remember reading comments on how heavily duty the ADBV on the Donaldson filters was, so even though it may not be silicone, it may not HAVE to be.

Also, I haven't taken one apart yet to actually take a good look at the ADBV, I will though eventually.

These things are also VERY heavy for their size.

Originally Posted By: glenncof
I could use these in my MC FL-820S app. I like the media also for high OCI's, 10K miles should be no problem at all.

What I don't understand is why they don't use a silicon ADBV.

right,true...

The Stratapore media seems to be very robust, this LF3894 filter had 10k miles on it in my 5.9L Cummins.

fleet1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back