Flat earthers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the 100 other countries and militaries in the world all thing the earth is round, right? It's a global conspiracy that is 1000 of years old.

Are you a sovereign citizen individual, also?

Am I the only one that thinks it is odd we have not returned to the moon since supposedly going there several times without incident 45 years ago? Heck, it is only 240,000 miles away so they say. Instead we have to settle for the ISS which is only 200 to 250 miles up there.. that's like me telling you that I can run from Atlanta to Los Angeles and by proving it to you I leave my house and Run 2 miles and call it a day (instead of the full 2,000), 1 / 1,000th the distance.

To answer your question, I do not believe the space agencies are autonomous entities in competition with one another. Just on the face of it, the term Global conspiracy is laughable. Masonic conspiracy, Maybe.

Those who have been around a while know me as a fairly strong Conspiracy Factist...yes, NASA does strange stuff, makes stuff up, and peddles misinformation.

But if you are open to facts and reason, then Flat Earth is a conspiracy too far...the machinations that have to be fabricated to make clearly observable facts fit around flat Earth make it entirely self debunking with even the tiniest amount of critical thought.

Bringing out a basket of "look over there" off topic points doesn't create evidence to prove flat earth...just makes mud.

Never understood this one either.

Incredibly simple repeatable and observable radar horizon calculations rule out a flat earth.

Forget about the fact that that we can observe other orbiting bodies and see they arent flat discs.

UD

I am not the one who brought up vaccines, chemtrails, Monsoon weather patterns, or intelligence differences among regions in the United States.

I do attack NASA because they are known Liars and for now they have the market cornered on space travel. It just seems like after 50 years of being in "space" we could get one darn picture of the earth that is not manipulated, photoshopped or compiled from many other high altitude photographs. Just one!! I am not joking. NASA plainly admits to the most recent image of the Earth being compiled in Photoshop. It's all over the internet, not just in my imagination.

With all of these billions of dollars of satellites and fancy telescope cameras supposedly taking pictures of faraway galaxies you would think they could turn one of those sun of a britches around and get a picture of the Earth. Nope, all we get is more CGI nonsense. The astro-nots on the ISS are always talking about the awesome view out the window of that thing. Can we not get an iPhone up there to snap these awesome pictures of the earth to see what they are seeing?

Originally Posted By: AndyinAL
Am I the only one that thinks it is odd we have not returned to the moon since supposedly going there several times without incident 45 years ago? Heck, it is only 240,000 miles away so they say. Instead we have to settle for the ISS which is only 200 to 250 miles up there.. that's like me telling you that I can run from Atlanta to Los Angeles and by proving it to you I leave my house and Run 2 miles and call it a day (instead of the full 2,000), 1 / 1,000th the distance.

Only if you don't think about the numbers. When Nasa went to the moon, their budget was 4.4% of the federal budget at its peak and it took decades to build up to it. It has since declined to about 0.5%. They estimated it cost the equivalent of 170 billion in 2005 dollars to go to the moon. Probably a lot more now. 4.4% of the federal budget in 2015 would be about 167 billion. The US just doesn't have the stomach for that kind of spending, otherwise we'd be on our way to Mars at this point.

Probes have been sent to Pluto, Jupiter and Mars though along with a lot of other smaller cost projects.

Andy has made this thread so stupid, I couldn't even read it all. Just skimmed parts of it and I'm pounding my head against the wall.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
On a clear day, I can see only the top 62'of ~ the 300' tall Provincetown monument which is 20 miles away from where I stand on the Gurnet. Are my binoculars lying to me "So who ya gonna believe, me or your eyes?" Chico Marx from A Day at the Races
grin2.gif

Right - If the earth were flat you'd be able to see the whole monument not just the top 62 feet. (not 63, 61 or 65- 62 right? )

You dont say what your height is where you stand "on the gurnet" so we cant run the radar horizon calculation because we have no idea how far above or below sea level that is. Could be well within the normal bounds of horizon or way off - we need that number to know.

Ships dont disappear over the horizon? Thats news to me. Is this from your experience as a mariner? Or from somewhere else?

So is the trick about seeing over the horizon with binoculars. (in all but every weird conditions that dont happen with regularity) Id think my Leicas would be as good as anyones but Ive never seen that.

Your posts are enjoyable thats for sure.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Andy has made this thread so stupid, I couldn't even read it all. Just skimmed parts of it and I'm pounding my head against the wall.
33.gif

the REAL reason that you are banging your head against the wall, is because you burned your ip cookies.

seriously -- do you believe that, in 2017, guys on an oil/car website, are debating about the earth being flat ?
andy started a thread just to stir up feces, and look at the result. we should be paying a cover charge for this !
now you guys can understand why my posts thank people for their humor. carry on, guys.

mods -- please don't lock this hilarious thread. some posts are from guys that usually don't display a sense of humor. if anything, move it to the humor section.

Timelapse video of a wildfire that shows 1) satellites crossing the sky visibly, and 2) procession of the stars in a circle above the north pole. Ain't happenin on a flat Earth!

Isn't the Flat Earth thing some kind of (obvious) cointel bit used to discredit conspiracy awareness on all fronts? I mean, OP uses it precisely as intended. I don't doubt it baits a few genuine numbskulls, but it just reeks of "tool" beyond reason.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Isn't the Flat Earth thing some kind of (obvious) cointel bit used to discredit conspiracy awareness on all fronts? I mean, OP uses it precisely as intended. I don't doubt it baits a few genuine numbskulls, but it just reeks of "tool" beyond reason.
21.gif

Yes! BUT.............BUT..............lots of idiots buy into it. The problem is the numbskells grow by the day and should be slapped upside the head.

Originally Posted By: AndyinAL
I am not the one who brought up vaccines, chemtrails, Monsoon weather patterns, or intelligence differences among regions in the United States.

I do attack NASA because they are known Liars and for now they have the market cornered on space travel. It just seems like after 50 years of being in "space" we could get one darn picture of the earth that is not manipulated, photoshopped or compiled from many other high altitude photographs. Just one!! I am not joking. NASA plainly admits to the most recent image of the Earth being compiled in Photoshop. It's all over the internet, not just in my imagination.

With all of these billions of dollars of satellites and fancy telescope cameras supposedly taking pictures of faraway galaxies you would think they could turn one of those sun of a britches around and get a picture of the Earth. Nope, all we get is more CGI nonsense. The astro-nots on the ISS are always talking about the awesome view out the window of that thing. Can we not get an iPhone up there to snap these awesome pictures of the earth to see what they are seeing?

Andy,

The earth is a sphere.

I do not wish to argue that point however.

I genuinely need to know one thing.

You are so convinced that the government is perpetuating this massive lie and spending all of this money "faking" this concept.

I need to know, in your opinion, why?

What is there to gain convincing people the earth is a sphere if it is indeed flat?

EVERYTHING boils down to one thing with humans. That is "ROI".

Return on Investment.

A person works 8 hours a day for a paycheck.

A country goes to war to maintain/expand their interests.

What is the return on investment in having people think the world is a sphere?

This much effort MUST have a significant ROI considering what you implicate the government is doing.

What is the ROI?

Thanks!

I'd like to have Andy share a map of the flat earth so I can keep an eye out for the end of it next time I'm traveling.

Heck, I bet a member here lives near the edge. We can just send them out to take photos and end this debate immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back