Fixing An Oil Leak Help

We just paid a bunch of money to fill cracks, reseal and restripe our church parking lot. Took us 2 years to save up the money. Finished it 2 weeks ago.

It looks great!

However, there is one handicapped spot that gets about a 6 inch oil drip every Sunday. I walk by it twice every Sunday. It’s the closest parking spot to the entrance. I’m starting to have bad feelings towards the owner and still trying to handle the situation appropriately. I don’t think they can afford to fix the leak.

I have 2 ideas but I won’t say until I hear your opinion. It’ll be a 3 foot area in a couple of months.

I realize I’m opening myself up for a lot of heat. I know, I know I should be more concerned for souls than a clean parking lot. I want both.

Maybe offer to take a look at the leak, which would sort of hint that it's a problem.

As for the lot... uhh, some of that clear garage floor coating?

I agree with @atikovi, not much you can do about it but I get where you're coming from, I hate oil drips on my driveway

My suggestion would be lay a piece of plywood down Sunday morning before they get there.

My idea was exactly plywood or kitty litter. I’m leaning kitty litter as being not quite as confrontational.

We just paid a bunch of money to fill cracks, reseal and restripe our church parking lot. Took us 2 years to save up the money. Finished it 2 weeks ago.

It looks great!

However, there is one handicapped spot that gets about a 6 inch oil drip every Sunday. I walk by it twice every Sunday. It’s the closest parking spot to the entrance. I’m starting to have bad feelings towards the owner and still trying to handle the situation appropriately. I don’t think they can afford to fix the leak.

I have 2 ideas but I won’t say until I hear your opinion. It’ll be a 3 foot area in a couple of months.

I realize I’m opening myself up for a lot of heat. I know, I know I should be more concerned for souls than a clean parking lot. I want both.
A Holy one should forgive, pray for the owner of such a vehicle and not judge..

I would catch whoever it is and tell them about it in a nice way and ask them to park in the street. If non compliance post a sign saying "please park the Exxon Valdez somewhere else. LOL

I would catch whoever it is and tell them about it in a nice way and ask them to park in the street. If non compliance post a sign saying "please park the Exxon Valdez somewhere else. LOL
That walk would be too far. Seriously. Leaning towards Kitty Litter.

Is this person the type who is capable of checking and topping off their own oil? If it's leaking bad enough, this could be a self correcting problem.

I’m the first one there on Sunday. A qt of kitty litter will be dispensed. We are having Pastor Appreciation dinner after service so we will all be together for a couple of hours for a meal. That will be plenty of time to chit chat and take some temperatures.

Back