Fix-a-Flat

Due to unfortunate turn of events I was forced to use this stuff. I hate it, due to the mess it creates inside the tire. But had no choice this time, so it is what it is. The tire is like brand new thread-wise, but hole is too close to the sidewall, so after plugging it still leaks air, due to all the flex.
Instructions on the can clearly call for using this product only for 3 days or 100 miles. When I put it in - I expected some vibrations, similar to an unbalanced tire. But... None happened yet (had it up to 85mph so far), and my tire stays inflated. It has been a week and nearly 500 miles...
Question - anyone used it long term? Any reason (aside from mess) to not leave it in the tire? Without it the tire is a goner, but it's nearly brand new, so I'd hate to waste good tire thread like that. So was wondering how much use I can get out of this tire, while Fix-a-Flat keeps it together from the inside. I'll obviously keep going with it, but was wondering if anyone used it long-term and it somehow caused other issues.
Also, this vehicle does not have TPMS, so no sensor damage to worry about.

Usually it never fully dries and it throws the wheel out of balance. You have been lucky. Some formulations have water and can corrode the wheel. Some formulations could be dangerous to techs removing the tire because the stuff is flammable and could explode from any spark. You're required to tell an auto shop working on that wheel/tire that you used it.

Because of the location of the tire leak, for safety please figure on replacing the tire. Please. Safety trumps cost in this situation.

I've used them long term with no problems including green tire slime, but definitely get a new tire, maybe the flex can make the hole bigger who knows. If the tire is so new maybe there is still some road hazard warranty on it?

Fix a Flat usually doesn't work and is a terrible product even by tire sealer standards. Project Farm did a video on this stuff. Fix a Flat was the only one that didn't work :sneaky:

Slime is good and is the best out of the ones widely available in stores.

Fix a Flat usually doesn't work and is a terrible product even by tire sealer standards. Project Farm did a video on this stuff. Fix a Flat was the only one that didn't work :sneaky:

Slime is good and is the best out of the ones widely available in stores.

Some people in the comments were saying that with Fix-A-Flat you have to leave the nail in, and Project Farm removed it...not sure if this is true or not.

Yolo bro! Live on the edge. 85 mph? Push it 185 mph! Hit the NoS and show us what you got! Sounds like that tire is ready for the Nurburgring.

Back