Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
I've been to the local one a half dozen times, but only because a friend likes it. Personally, I don't understand what the fuss is about, it is just another burger place. If I have to eat fat I want some taste in return, and the tradeoff here isn't worth it, IMO.

I agree with you. Loud atmosphere, peanut mess on the floor, fake smiles, fake attitudes.

Places like Five Guys and Smashburger have rendered McDonalds, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, Burger King etc.... completely obsolete to me. For that matter, they've almost eliminated Whataburger for me. (I'm pretty sure that in the Texas Constitution there is an amendment that states that Native Texans must revere Whataburger...It's probably the same in California for In-N-Out)

If I'm going to choose something unhealthy, it's going to be tasty and satisfying and the bigger burger chains fall well short.

Healthy foods have their place and are absolutely necessary for a long healthy life but life is too short to live on broccoli and Brussels sprouts. After all, if you are not living, you must be dying.

I prefer the Smashburger burger over Five Guys but prefer Five Guys fries. I also like that they tell you which farm in Idaho the potatoes were sourced from. That's just a neat bit of information.

I've even given up on Red Robin. The service is consistantly exceptional there, really great wait staff, but the burger is
21.gif
meh......Denny's quality.

The lines at Five Guys and Smashburger can be long but nothing like the line at In-N-Out.

Originally Posted By: BrownBox88
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I was at 5 Guys Burgers the other night..It was the one on Washington Ave in Miami Beach..It was awesome..The fries were awesome also.

From what I remember, that location serves Beer!

Yes they do..There is also a Burger King on Washington Ave [at 11TH Street] that serves Beer as well.

But INN n OUT is so much better! LOL

True.. and we have one of those right down the street, and the closest 5 Guys is about 45 min away!

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
I had to go to TX for work... I had to try it. Burgers were good, fries were my favorite. It was a tad bit pricey, though. I'd go back...

But INN n OUT is so much better! LOL

Really? Ive gone there a few times because folks say you have to. While maybe a little fresher, I dont know that a hamburger at mcdonalds is much worse...

Ill eat an in and out surely, but I dont see what all the fuss is about, besides that on the east coast, it is seen as a CA thing, so gets a buzz that way.

I only go there occasionally. Food is great portions were enormous (first time I was there, couldn't even finish the burger.) Fry portions are enormous (even single size.) Glad they came out with a smaller burger, even with that still too much food. I think it is a little pricey when the experience is taken as a whole.

I like Five Guys. I don't eat hamburgers but maybe once every six months but when I do I try to go there especially since there's one every five feet around my campus.

The Five Guys in my town don't have peanuts all over the place. Maybe that's a respect thing that's town specific.

I've never heard of 5 guys burgers. Gonna google em in a minute and see where the closest one is.

I never understood the in-in-out thing here. Ain't nuthin remarkable about that place. Horribly average and tiny portions.

I LOVE the five guys next door to where I work. It's dangerous. I eat there usually once every 2 weeks, sometimes twice. Maybe I've never eaten a gourmet burger, but I think they are pretty darn good. Bacon Cheesburger with Ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato and mayo. mmmmm. And great fries, and they give you a ton of them. You know they are made right when the grease soaks through the bag (Hence why I don't eat there super often).

I tend to get panera and chipotle more often.

Quote:
I've never had 5 guys sober...Don't think I want to either.

lol.gif
If you've never been sober, how do you know? No answer required, just thought it was a funny comment.
cheers3.gif

Funny you posted this, I traveled to Tucson ,AZ, last month to buy a T-100 truck , (here they are mostly rust buckets), and a guy at home Depot recommended the 5 guys Burger over In & Out , but mentioned the cost is higher but worth it . The Music was way too loud for me, (yes i am and old Rocker but hay, when i eat i want quiet ! lol), The Food was top-notch, plenty of good fries, Burger Bun and Service was very Good and Friendly, clean place, and busy. they had awards up that had been won for their hamburgers. I will recommend it and relay the higher price- for me worth it, and i am semi-retired-not rich, and would go again , hope they open here in Arkansas. Have Fun and enjoy the Burgers, give me all the Fat, Sugar and Salt ! why would i want to live till 100! i am not that overweight ,and enjoying Life to the Fullest,ME why Worry! Give me Quality of Life or Give me Death! lol.
15.gif
15.gif

PS, Gear Heads usually know good eats, they come from Home! If i was working full time again, i would take my lunch and cook Chopped Steak Burgers , I can Grill them along with the Best ! So can you. Best Regards.

Last edited:
We have one a couple of miles from our home. Great burger and the fries cooked in peanut oil are the best. Service is fine for a fast food place.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
The 5 Guys in Palm Beach is good but too expensive for just OK food.

I think the Florida Constitution has a "must revere Cheeburger Cheeburger" clause too.
lol.gif

I've been there one time when I visited PA. Now they are in Canada. Seasoned fries or whatever they were called were wayyyyyyy too salty.

I won't be back there again, it was nothing special for me.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

The bun on which all Five Guys sandwiches are made from, is what makes their food "so good". All other stuff is ordinary vegetables and meat you can buy at any grocery store.

What is so great about the bun?

As someone who has lived between NYC and Philly all my life, I know good bread (with the exception of SF sourdough). And Im picky about rolls/buns/bread. All the more reason I have to go check it out...

But what is so special about it?

Both times the bun was stale and frankly falling apart. My wife remarked the bun was "terrible".

Three of us. $3X.XX total. For burgers????

Yikes.

sorry, I had both. in and out burgers are way better than 5 guys. 5 guys is too pricey. Also, the greasiness of the food makes my stomach crench. you ever grab the bag of fries and see all that grease on the outside of the brown bag? seems kinda cheap wrappin the burgers in aluminum foil esp paying the premium burger price!

In & Out gets my money, they share similar ambiances so I wonder if 5 Guys was influenced by them.

I like Five Guys. There are better, or maybe I should say different, kinds out there. Depends on your taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back