Fit is go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look on fitfreak.net. I think the topic has been discussed at length there. The new car is called the gen e or "ge" fit.

I post on FitFreak every once in a while. Having that Xpel headlight film has already saved us from replacing a foglight. And all the bugs in the mesh we put over the lower grille sure make the time my fiancee and I spent cursing it out of the car worthwhile!

pzev, you haven't experienced bad headlights until you've driven an 09 Fit at night. It's unsafe to drive at 45 mph with the headlights aimed as they are from the factory, as we could not see more than a second ahead with the low beams, and 2-3 seconds with the high beams. And this at 45 mph. Now she can see 2-3 seconds ahead with the low beams, and 4-5 seconds ahead with the highs.

I will re-adjust the headlights once the new, brighter bulbs get installed.

I know others do, but I personally don't have any issue with my lights. I've had cars w/ far worse!

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I post on FitFreak every once in a while. Having that Xpel headlight film has already saved us from replacing a foglight. And all the bugs in the mesh we put over the lower grille sure make the time my fiancee and I spent cursing it out of the car worthwhile!

pzev, you haven't experienced bad headlights until you've driven an 09 Fit at night. It's unsafe to drive at 45 mph with the headlights aimed as they are from the factory, as we could not see more than a second ahead with the low beams, and 2-3 seconds with the high beams. And this at 45 mph. Now she can see 2-3 seconds ahead with the low beams, and 4-5 seconds ahead with the highs.

I will re-adjust the headlights once the new, brighter bulbs get installed.

I'll have to take a look for myself. I do know some cars have [censored] headlights. Those X-treme bulbs are good, so hopefully they help. I was using a set of Osram Silverstars for awhile, but unfortunately both low beams died at the same exact time...while I was driving at night lol. They weren't that old either. Too bad, as I miss the extra light.

Most new cars have very weak low beams. They are set like this to limit glare to opposing drivers. I guess they assume most people live in urban areas now with plenty of street lights.

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Lol, that's not L.A. That's LA, as in Louisiana.
grin2.gif

Less smog, more alligators. Ever watch True Blood on HBO? It was filmed in my city.
LOL.gif

So funny you would mention that - the wife and I JUST started watching back issues of that show on our on-demand cable system. We like it - very good show!

That rocks!

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
"At 73-75ish mph, it was taching at or just below 2,500 rpms."

Wow..that's amazing for a small car. Honda must be working on their low end power.
It really is!

Wonder what the manual would be doing @ 75mph?

I know the Auto Civic does lower RPMS @ 75mph than the manual one.. By quite a bit. One reason why I got a Corolla...

Any one know what the manual does???

My 1992 Corolla revs at 2700-2800 rpm to go 75 mph. To go 80 mph, it revs all the way to 3000 rpm and sometime higher. I think the sweet spot is 70 mph for a nice 2500 rpm rev.

If the roads are full of SUV, Trucks, and large vehicle a FIT would be a car that everyone should have. It is perfect for all condition and if they come out with a AWD diesel version, that would kill all other manufactures with a stroke of a pen. Imagine a car that gets 50 mpg, AWD, fun to drive, can carry 4 adults comfortable, and actually safe.

Oh, to answer the question on the man trans, I think I've read it does closer to 3500 rpms at 75 mph.

About the lights, she will be doing a 60 mile round trip commute 3-4 days a week. No streetlights on the interstate. But plenty of deer. And oncoming traffic means no highbeam use.

I'm really impressed with her Fit. Enough so that when my decade-old car gets too creaky in another few years we're thinking of getting another one. Hopefully Honda will not have bloated it too much by then.

Her automatic does ~2300 RPM at 70 mph. Revs are in the teens when she slows down.

I think the first thing I did when I got my new 06 vibe was to make sure every feature worked. Cruise, hatch glass, cd player,rear windshield wiper, and all the power windows worked.

But with your CD player, I wouldn't blame Honda for it.

Yeah, wasn't thinking. Like I said, I had all my music on my mp3 player that I normally listen to. I just was in the mood for something else and pulled out the cds.

I can report now that it has great sound and nice, easy to use controls.

some YARIS owners have had their cd players take a poop not long after they bought it . Think the cd players that are provided for the YARIS are from PIONEER .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back