first use of Fram filter

Never thought I'd see the day when I used a Fram product. I have always been a Wix guy, but now with Mann Hummel their quality seems to be slipping.

So, thanks to BITOG I went out and got this. Sent for UOA as this is a 2 year oil change with Amsoil Z-Rod. I'll see how that comes out. I may just end up using M1 and doing an annual OCI. This gets driven about 2,000 miles a year. We only have 6 months of good weather here in Maine.
20231110_233344.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice 59! I bought a Fram filter from Walmart the other day for my F-150. It is a 25,000 mile filter and I will run it one year maybe two. I only accumulate about 4500 miles per year on the truck. I have never had a problem with Fram and Walmart is usually out of the Ford filter that I need for my F-150.

I hear ya. It makes me sad...I've been using Wix for 30 years, but they are no longer what they once were. I think I'll probably switch over to Champ XL.
That's what I did. It was a bad ADBV with Fram, that chased me to another brand (Champ XL)

I don't care for OEM HyunKia oil filters. They are built like a tank and quiet on cold startup. But they do not trap well.

Somehow a moderator moved this to the transmission filters section.

Thus is an oil filter, car has a manual transmission.

Back