First time using Box oil today.

I just looked it up at my local Walmart. This is a screaming deal on a name brand full syn, might even beat M1 FS after rebate. Great find.
_
1660775126276.jpg

I just looked it up at my local Walmart. This is a screaming deal on a name brand full syn, might even beat M1 FS after rebate. Great find.
_
View attachment 112933
$2 cheaper than it was before the price increase kicked in. Sadly not available in my area or I'd snap up a few. Ohh well, I still have 5 of the HM 5W30's sitting in the garage to use.

Also, if you store them on their sides, the boxes hold up a little better long-term.

That is my concern. How are the boxes for storage if you wanted to stock up?
My oldest is probably 6-8 months. No issues. Stored on their side. I have had one or two that shipped with weak glue on the box, little packing tape put it back together till it got used. Minor in the grand scheme of things. I have no concerns with them leaking as long as you're not tossing them around or stacking them so high they collapse on each other, or storing them with sharp objects.

My oldest is probably 6-8 months. No issues. Stored on their side. I have had one or two that shipped with weak glue on the box, little packing tape put it back together till it got used. Minor in the grand scheme of things. I have no concerns with them leaking as long as you're not tossing them around or stacking them so high they collapse on each other, or storing them with sharp objects.
Makes sense. I would assume just like a plastic jug, as long as the bag remains un damaged it will be ok

Some interesting specs on SynNova base by Novvi.

I recall seeing this a while back. I didn't see what plants they process; Is it Algae or a bean or seed oil?
Does Chevron use this in their ISO Syn product now?

Now I am wondering what happened to GET -- the animal based oil.
And if you mixed them would GET eat the Novvi

I recall seeing this a while back. I didn't see what plants they process; Is it Algae or a bean or seed oil?
Does Chevron use this in their ISO Syn product now?

Now I am wondering what happened to GET -- the animal based oil.
And if you mixed them would GET eat the Novvi

I had to remember where I saw this. Apparently it is Farnesene which comes from sugar. Novvi is producing renewable Group III+ and GroupIV renewable PAO at their plant near Houston.

This would be a good point for one of our experts to chime in with their opinions.

Edit to add: I will start a new thread on this so as not to derail this one.

So I poured in havoline pro DS 5w 30 in my 2006 Tahoe w/227k on the clock.
I like the fact that 1 Box filled it. I did spill a little(Box corner hit the fan shroud when pouring).
First impression same as any other full syn.
Will probably use it again 22.97 for 6 quarts good with all the price increases.
My '08 Sorento takes exactly 6qt to fill to the top of the line...makes it easy.

old 6qt drain out...new 6qt in...old 6qt into box back to Walmart for recycle.

Back