First Oil Change

On my 8 month old 2020 Lexus ES 350. Only has 2300 miles so I am not in a big hurry. Just checked the OM and the only spec is 0w20 ILDAC Gl-5 which of course has already been superseded by GL-6A. I thought the FF was full synthetic, but to be honest, reading through these threads has be totally confused. I was planning to use M1 EP because that is what I have around for my 2010 MDX. I assume this is more than good enough, right?

If the car is spec for 0w-20 then any good brand should be fine to use.
I don't think the car knows if it is GL-6A or GI-5. LOL!!!

Good choice in vehicles.
OEM Toyota 0w20 is a great choice. As stated above
any branded F/S 0w20 will suffice.
I like the Castrol myself. My Tundra and 4Runner seem a bit quieter.
Your noise will vary.

I am on my third Tundra my wife has had 2 4Runners and a sequoia I use Mobil1 0w20 most of the tome. I sometimes use Quaker State and Pennzoil. I always use a Toyota Filter and 5000 mile intervals we never had an oil related problem. Toyota’s don’t care what you put in them. My last Tundra had 196k my wife’s sequoia 100k plus I don’t remember..

No sense changing it before one year with that low mileage. If it's DIY, your Mobil1 on hand makes it easy. Personally I like Pennzoil and Castrol synthetics. Is Wilkie Lexus still located in the Philly suburbs?

After rebate right now you can get a 5qt jug of Mobil1 EP for like $11 after rebate and sales tax here in the US at Walmart.
When you look at Mobil 1's website I don't see where it lists Walmart as one of the participating vendors for the rebate. Is there another one I'm missing?

Can't get any better than this.
Impressive add pack.

Can't get any better than this.
Impressive add pack.
Made by ExxonMobil...interesting.

No sense changing it before one year with that low mileage. If it's DIY, your Mobil1 on hand makes it easy. Personally I like Pennzoil and Castrol synthetics. Is Wilkie Lexus still located in the Philly suburbs?
Yep, on the Main Line where the rich folks live. Have not been there in many years. They did some warranty work on my wife’s 99 RX300...a bunch of liars and incompetent techs...just like the Lexus dealer in Wilmington, DE.

Started reading some internet stuff re Mobil 1 vs Toyota. Came across this from a Toyota dealer in Lancaster. They do not include Toyota oil in their list. Bet that makes Toyota happy.

Back