First HPL Order On It's Way!!

HPL will now be fed to my 2018 Silverado (6.0L gas engine) with 118k miles on the clock....

I bought the truck new and ran RLI for the first 40k miles.
Then I ran a mix of M1 oil (4 quarts of M1 5w30EP or 0w40 + 2 quarts of M1 Racing 0w50).
The last 5-6 oil changes have been Red Line 5w30 or 0w30.

All oil changes have used Royal Purple oil filters, with 5-6 Fram Racing filters thrown in there during the winter months.

24 quarts of HPL will arrive on Friday. I have a month or two until my next oil change.
I bought 12 quarts of NO VII in Euro 5w30 and 12 quarts of Super Car 5w40.

Which oil would you prefer in my application?

I bought what I bought because I wanted to try the new NO VII oil (and only Euro is available) and I figured for a few extra dollars, let's try to the Super Car oil in 5w40 because I wanted to try something a little thicker as well this winter when I'm hauling trailers in the mountains.

I guess I'm not a "thicker is better" guy, but the No VII Euro 5W30 has a HT/HS of 3.56, which is about the same as many light 40-wt oils.

My head is spinning....I'm way too linear for you!! I'm joking BTW. I do prefer to pick what works and run with it. If you like HPL (killer oil) my nonsense tossed out is find a filter you like and simply stick with it.

My head is spinning....I'm way too linear for you!! I'm joking BTW. I do prefer to pick what works and run with it. If you like HPL (killer oil) my nonsense tossed out is find a filter you like and simply stick with it.
I have been running Royal Purple filters almost exclusively. They are my go-to filters for my babied vehicles

Their supercar 0w30 would have been my choice. 😑
I don’t think it’s possible to pick a “bad” oil from HPL regardless of what product tier you’re using.

If Dave feels comfortable recommending the “plain” PCMO for my 500HP+ 3.5 EcoBoost, IMO everything after that is merely academic. However, because it’s so dang alluring, I did just pick up an OC of the No VII Euro 5w30 after my PCMO run is done.

And, props to @High Performance Lubricants for changing PCMO to PCEO on their website so terminology is technically correct!👍🏻😂

Back