First cars and their quirks

1981 Olds Omega V6 Coupe Brougham.... A graduation gift from my great aunt Mary who lived in Vancouver so I flew out and drove it back... Very nice hwy car I thought at the time.
I liked it really, only it kept warping the intake manifold, and my wife refused to drive it. No AC but had under dash vents directly from the wiper area, so when moving it was nice! Real metal bumpers that my MIL used while backing into it.
Looked pretty good in 2005 when I sold it.

Summer2005house 010.jpg

How do you like the RC F. I am in the process of purchasing a used one.
I like the car a lot. I've had it about three years and get a thrill every time I get in it. Power, styling (get compliments all the time) and handling are superb. Very comfortable seats, great climate control. I drive in eco mode most of the time (can still spin the tires if you hit the gas at most any speed) and get about 22 mpg.

There are a few necessary evils:
-Insurance cost
-No spare tire
-Premium fuel cost
-Small back seat (but it does have a surprisingly large trunk).

Hope you get the car and enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed miine.

My first car is the Mitsubishi in my signature. Second was a Chevy cavalier (we called it the cadaver) that I fixed and sold, and 3rd was a Volvo s70 that I crashed.
The montero's quirk was a cold start misfire that dissapeared after 10 seconds, and the electronic 4x4 would work enough to get you unstuck but then you have to drive home in 4h (which was basically AWD. There was also 4h lock and 4low lock)

I replaced the transfer case with a mechanical one and the cold start misfire is a sticky intake valve on cylinder 4. B12 chemtool will fix the intake valve until it runs out.
I've only been running b12 for 3 tanks of gas, maybe it can unstuck the valve permanently.

I still have the Montero

Back