First 3 right to 6200 never moved same for the next 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to keep it short But its a good one. This is about a 2019 Ford Raptor 450 hp 510 torque its stock 10 speed auto 4;10 gears Pampered 5200 miles been to the floor maybe 5 times ever couple more today. Went to my local food store about 5 miles away and it was raining really really almost pull over stop raining, wipers on high and little more. And did hit traction control for like 2 seconds on the way there. The Raptor owners manual states don't drive threw more than 32 inches deep of water and don't drive in deep water ( they may have mentioned something about judgement) more than 40 miles per hour in that water that's what it says (cool) After starting the Raptor to leave the Wrench and advance trac check manual came up center dash there's that wrench. so like any good tech I turned it back off pulled the key( striped Raptor) there's the wrench again Yea wasn't happy testing in order first Traction control OFF But at this time all wheel drive Note; been writing a lot of legal stuff lately so use your imagination . Getting back on the interstate floored but never exceeded the posted speed of course . Got a little well you know !!!! it was still wet out and pulled very impressive wasn't even in sport mode. When I got off the interstate and on to a private road of course still wet I thought more testing, Traction control still off 2 wheel drive this time left turn gave it you know a little xtra it went to 6200 and threw the first 3 gears and never moved off 6200 the red line quick hit it again went write to 6200 and 2 or 3 more gears never really came off that 6200 RPM got to be in I guess 6th by now thought I better stop it was wet out. But I did have ice cream ! Didn't melt. Got home turn it off minute later back on and so was the wrench light. Still not real happy 5200miles $61 000 sticker price its pretty striped Too. I Just went out to see if the wrench light was still going to be on been few hours now. Its OFF I fixed It! Something must of got wet and with that testing and lots of heat shields bet it got a little hot in there, not to sure about that 32 inches of water thing. I thought this should be under the maintenance thing Because I fixed it LOL.

This was painful to read. You say you have been writing legal docs recently?

Anyways, for a couple bucks you can order a bluetooth ODB2 dongle online, for another 5 bucks you can get the torque pro app. You can read and clear those codes, plus a whole lot more.

Reading that description was a good mental exercise. It squeezed something out of my head.
When it comes to price gauging my father said, "The guy with the car has always been fair game". Remember, he came from an era when not everybody owned a vehicle.
So once a Super Raptor is out of warranty, are their owners going to be screwed constantly?
Good thing it's still covered. Have it checked out while they're (dealership folk) still smiling at you.

Any okay to traversing 32" of water-even under at 40 mph- is a dangerous and stupid one.

This was painful to read. You say you have been writing legal docs recently?

Anyways, for a couple bucks you can order a bluetooth ODB2 dongle online, for another 5 bucks you can get the torque pro app. You can read and clear those codes, plus a whole lot more.
Thank you for the info, I don't fully understand because I am old don't even have a smart phone still a flip phone that's all I want . I still learn something new almost every day. I am very careful with what I say in all e- mails we all know how private they aren't so, Thank you again for the education. I am bluetooth dumb but pretty good with the ODB 2 stuff (tuners) Please no negative comments on tuners there far from perfect but I really don't care I got this. Have you ever driven something with 500-600 h,p, on that same private road of course, every time I give it a little extra it makes me smile.

I think I lost 3 of something, somewhere. o_O
Sorry to say if you don't understand the terminology it is because your not that much of a car person (gear head) I am sure Jay Leno would understand more that likely every word and smile while reading. My fault ! I think to many people have more knowledge then they do . In no way am I trying to be mean at all .Been wrenching for about 40 years and for quite some of that time A ASE master truck tech gas and diesel cert. If some one read the title says hit the first 3 at 6200 a did not know what was talking about 6200 RPM. You should just go to the next one that's what I would do Note I thought mentioning it was a raptor with a10 speed automatic transmission would help guess not your not the only one that didn't get it .I will be more careful in the future sorry my fault.

Generally I find legal documents to be well written :)
Your so write, but I am not a Lawyer in anyway, diesel mech. just getting started on another Major medical mistakes mess, I am getting better at it too. PS a lawyer must rewrite my stuff before it goes anywhere important. I am being careful that's all. Have a nice one the smile is always good.

Words order subject noun verb agreement
I don't know what that means, did I do something wrong let me know, it wont happen again This is a hey you want to talk about cars and a little something else site isn't In my title the 6200 title was very much (too much I guess) grab some attention, I guess I messed up I am pretty new at this kind of thing sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back