Firestone Destination LE3

Has anyone used these? The nearest thread I found was from 2020, and was when they first came out, and no one had any real experience with them. They seem to get good ratings on Tire Crack, but I was looking for the experiences anyone on here had with them.

Has anyone used these? The nearest thread I found was from 2020, and was when they first came out, and no one had any real experience with them. They seem to get good ratings on Tire Crack, but I was looking for the experiences anyone on here had with them.
I have the previous edtion bought now nearly seven years ago. They've been terrific. My first criteria in normal vehcles is wet traction. They've proved good at this. Have about 55K garage kept SUV miles on them and they're still dong well with more than half tread. I really recommend them strongly.

I will assume that the LE3 will be a good tires as we(in our family/friends) have had the original LE as well as the LE2 with good success. The LE3 are the new & improved version(Gen3). :)

I have Destination LE2 on my Liberty for 30k miles and I've been happy with them. I'm not sure what I'll replace them with when the time comes though. I might stick with the Destination series again, or try something different.

LE2's on the 4Runner and Ranger. Great tires! A little noisier and rougher riding but great in the wet and when braking. They seem to be wearing very well.

I'm trying to decide between these or the Conti LX25's. So far not a fan of the reported rougher ride, but these were rated to be quieter than the Conti's. The Conti's were supposedly louder, but a smoother ride. The Michelins on it now are pretty good, but they are a bit noisy.

I'm trying to decide between these or the Conti LX25's. So far not a fan of the reported rougher ride, but these were rated to be quieter than the Conti's. The Conti's were supposedly louder, but a smoother ride. The Michelins on it now are pretty good, but they are a bit noisy.
If the Nokian One or any Vredestein are available in your size I'd take a look at those.

I've had these tires on our minivan for about 5 months and am thoroughly happy with them (and I'm picky about tires). They ride great, are relatively quiet, grip/corner very well, and perform in wet conditions. Time will tell how well they hold up, but as others have said, their predecessor (LE2) were quite durable. The LE3s get my vote.

LE2s … we had 2 sets. Quiet, precise tires and strong dry performers. Both of our sets got complaints of deteriorated wet braking and wet acceleration as they aged. The LE3 uses deeper sipes than the LE2 to deal precisely with the early-ish reduction in wet traction.

we towed heavy with one set of them, and they held up excellently in that use.

Good, solid, well-made tires. I’d be optimistic that the LE3 is an improvement in the only area I felt the 2 was weak in.

This is good information for me, because my local Wheel Works (Firestone company) sells these at a price between cheapies and the expensive options. I will use them sooner or later. Thanks!

Im also interested in the LE3's

They are one of the few that are 3PMS and we just ran into chain control recently.

I’m surprised they carry the 3pmsf rating. I did drive our
LE2s in the snow. i didn’t expect much of them, and they were what I’d describe as a “normal” tire in the snow.

Back