Firestone Destination AT for Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a set of Firestone Destination AT in size 275/55/20 on my 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 edition. Factory tires were Bridgestone Alenza. The Alenza was an adequate tire for highway driving. But ride got harsher as they aged. With the Firestones they so far ride much smoother and give me the capability to drive in light mud & caliche common to West Texas. Road noise is only slightly more than the Alenza. MPG is the same.
So far I am very satisfied.

Our Durango has Firestone Destination A/T's on it. It would not be a tire that was on my radar if I were to purchase replacements, but I'm actually quite surprised at them. We've had the Durango 3 years and about 20,000 miles-the tires are wearing well, get great traction in all weather conditions, and are reasonably quiet. They were on the Durango for about 10,000 miles before we purchased it, so the tires currently have about 30,000 miles and look to easily go 60,000+ before I'll need to consider replacing them.

Firestone Destination LE2s on our tundra. Another excellent tire at a competitive price. They have 30k on them and continue to handle hot, cold, wet, and towing very well. Their only fault is off pavement, which is to be expected.

Probably replacing OEM tires (265-65-17) on my Tacoma soon. Thanks for this; the Firestone Destination LE2 is near the top of my list. Only drawback is it seems only Tire Rack carries them in my size. Sure, the A/Ts could get more man points, but I drive 40 minutes on DFW highways to and from work.

Originally Posted By: wildcatswo
Probably replacing OEM tires (265-65-17) on my Tacoma soon. Thanks for this; the Firestone Destination LE2 is near the top of my list. Only drawback is it seems only Tire Rack carries them in my size. Sure, the A/Ts could get more man points, but I drive 40 minutes on DFW highways to and from work.

Try directly at a Firestone Complete Auto Care store. I just did a quick check and they supposedly have them in your size. They have the Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal (which seems to never end). Comes out to $675 before taxes. Not super great, but about the same price as TireRack after shipping and installation, but a lot more convenient. Plus then you can get the warranted more easily at any FCAC, and free tire rotations when you're feeling lazy
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Originally Posted By: wildcatswo

Try directly at a Firestone Complete Auto Care store. I just did a quick check and they supposedly have them in your size. They have the Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal (which seems to never end). Comes out to $675 before taxes. Not super great, but about the same price as TireRack after shipping and installation, but a lot more convenient. Plus then you can get the warranted more easily at any FCAC, and free tire rotations when you're feeling lazy
smile.gif

I am a long time Tire Rack customer but finally went directly to Firestone for Dest LE2's with the 3 for 4 deal you mention last summer. The ATs looked butch, no doubt about it, but not on a Buick.
grin.gif
The Destinations are still doing a great job in all weathers.

The Destination LE and Destination AT tires have consistently received great reviews.

But we all know Michelin Tires are the greatest tires in the world.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bear
I got lousy life out of my LE's on my Dakota. Rotated every 5-6,000
miles, even wear etc.

Yep-many different variables come in to play on each and every vehicle.

I had the Destination LEs on a previous vehicle, later a set of ATs. For a lot of hwy and lite off-road the Destination LEs are fine, IMHO.

Lot of factors come into play with different vehicles and then style of driving. I'm rather easy with tires and brakes. I could wear out both in half the time if I wanted to.

Even vehicle weight is a large factor. Tires last longer on a lighter vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back