Bridgestone Dueler LTH. Horrible tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Bridgestone is discontinuing the Dueler Alenza tires. I had to replace the 275/55/20 Alenzas on my F150 last week. I go to Discount Tire and the guy suggests the new Dueler LTH's. I had a set put on and I could tell on the short drive home that they were horrible. At 40mph they were making a lot of noise and had a rough ride. On the highway on my way to work the next morning, at highway speed, they were so noisy it was laughable, and the ride was even worse. Imagine driving the vehicle with 100psi in the tires rather than 35psi. That's the only real comparison I can think of.

I went back to Discount on my way home from work. Got a refund on the duelers and bought a set of Michelin Premier LTX's. Went back this past Saturday and had the Michelins put on. Oh man what a difference. The Premier LTX's are super quiet and the ride is smoooooth. It's only been a few days but I'm loving these Premiers. They have a little shallower tread than say the MS2's but they should still last around 50k. And with the Michelin rebates right now the Premiers were the almost the same price as the bridgestones.

CLIFF NOTES:

Bridgestone Dueler LTH....... HORRIBLE
Michelin Premier LTX...... AWESOME

Last edited:
+1 for the Michelins. Have a set on my Silverado and they made a world of difference in the ride and handling. They also wear fantastic. Very little.

Yep they are terrible. I believe those were the tires that were on the wife's CRV (I know they were Bridgestone dueler's) when she got it and they were amazingly loud. Replaced with Cooper CS5's and have never looked back.

Bridgestone spits out OEM (see D684II and H/L400) and store exclusive truck tires which are terribly poor performing. The only excellent truck tire are their Dueler Alenza tires. They have been an excellent handling and treadwear tire on my 02 Silverado only complaint is off road performance.

Last edited:
We used to have Michelin Premiers on my girlfriend's Civic before it was totaled and those were some great tires! I'd happily get them again on one of my vehicles.

I have about a thousand miles on my Alanza H/L...were on the 4R when I bought it...seem fine so far, they are rated right up there and I just sold the Highlander with LTX's which I agree are the class benchmark...but saying the Dueler Alanza is junk is wrong.

Yep - pulled them off new - gave them away - put a set of 285 Goodyear's on (the Kevlar version) ...

Originally Posted By: rubberchicken
I really like the LTX, but you did not mention price difference- the Michelins are generally one of the most expensive brands.

The Dueler LTH's were $190 a piece
The Michelins were $220 a piece.

But by opening up a Discount Tire card and putting the purchase on it got me a $30 prepaid visa card. And Michelin is giving a $70 prepaid card on any set of tires right now. So the price difference is really only $20

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I have about a thousand miles on my Alanza H/L...were on the 4R when I bought it...seem fine so far, they are rated right up there and I just sold the Highlander with LTX's which I agree are the class benchmark...but saying the Dueler Alanza is junk is wrong.

The Dueler Alenza H/L's that came on the truck from the factory were fine. They weren't junk at all and I was plenty happy with them. They have been discontinued so I couldn't get them again.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Bridgestone spits out OEM (see D684II and H/L400) and store exclusive truck tires which are terribly poor performing. The only excellent truck tire are their Dueler Alenza tires. They have been an excellent handling and treadwear tire on my 02 Silverado only complaint is off road performance.

Yeah, they were fine on the truck. But like I said in a previous post ther're discontinued now. And since you mentioned store exclusive tires.... I forgot to mention that the the Dueler LTH that they sold me is a tire exclusive to Discount Tire.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin

The tires in bold came on my Forester and were just awful for me...tolerable as summer tires, but scary bad as "all seasons". Sometimes we get a little ice or snow before or after my winter tire season and those tires were terrifying. But, I had some model of the Dueler Alenza on my RAV6 and actually went through one winter on them, they were good enough to get me by.
Probably a good idea to avoid any tire that is used as OEM these days, to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back