Firefox compatibility Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with websites that don't work with firefox.

Stupid Verizon Wireless won't let me open my bill in PDF. I click on the link to get the bill, it opens a new window and nothing is there.

I go into IE7 and the bill is there. Of coarse with IE7 I keep getting these spybot errors that are saying something like "spybot reports that you are tying to download "DOUBLECLICK" Do you want to block this download. I click yes and it keeps coming back up. Geez.

Anyhow, are there any fixes for Firefox that I need to know about? I have version 1.0.7 right now.
spankme.gif

I have no problem viewing my Verizon bill with FF. Are you using PDF Download 0.7.6?

I like the stability of FF 2.0. I griped a little bit about it at first, setting up spelling and tabs, but love it now.

Some of the companies websites that we deal with don't work correctly in FF. I asked one of their IT guys why and he said that hardly anyone uses Firefox/Mozilla so he only gears their site for WinDoze ??!!
So, if I need any info off their site, I call them and have the info sent as an email attachment.... When they get their head out of the sand, things will improve.
cool.gif
popcorn.gif

Read from various sources that FF does not utilize Active X coding so that may cause trouble with sites utilizing that critter.

Do any of you notice slower load times on certain web pages when using FF? I switched to FF about a month ago and love it.

I would recommend IE view instead of IE tab because IE tab does not support encryption. I was doing some online banking/investing stuff a year or so back, that would only work in IE and realized that IE tab wasn't encrypted.

Oh yea Buster. FF is quite slow on some pages. Fasterfox actually bogs many people's (including mine) browsers down even more and causes crashes, so I wouldn't recommend that as a fix.

Quote:

I would recommend IE view instead of IE tab because IE tab does not support encryption. I was doing some online banking/investing stuff a year or so back, that would only work in IE and realized that IE tab wasn't encrypted.

Oh yea Buster. FF is quite slow on some pages. Fasterfox actually bogs many people's (including mine) browsers down even more and causes crashes, so I wouldn't recommend that as a fix.

I second the Fasterfox, it didn't do anything but cause more instability.

Financial institutions are notorious for only supporting IE. Firefox still doesn't have the mass that IE does. Last I checked, IE is installed on all windoze boxes. Firefox is for those of us who know better.
grin.gif

I'm very pleased with Firefox. I've had very few problems. I don't watch CNN (very often), but, I can't recall problems with FoxNews (which I do watch very often). Firefox generally just seems quicker IMHO. That's primarily why I use it.

Quote:

I'm very pleased with Firefox. I've had very few problems. I don't watch CNN (very often), but, I can't recall problems with FoxNews (which I do watch very often). Firefox generally just seems quicker IMHO. That's primarily why I use it.

I now use Firefox and I much prefer it. Funny thing is, though, when I run FF under Linux I have problems with FoxNews and some other websites- not so under XP (eXcessively Priced).

It's real sad that so many websites tend to be M$-friendly.

There is NO browser that works with 100% of web sites.
That's why I have no less than four really great browsers on my Mac and PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back