Truativ BB/Cranks
SRAM CODE R brakes
Diety Black label 800 bars and Diety (mint!) grips which I now swapped to blue
Diety Premium Race Goods stem
Bike Yoke Revive dropper with Spank seat
Fork Marzocchi (Fox) Bomber Z1 Coil
Rear shock Fox DHX2 Performance Elite
Deftrap Diety (blue) Pedals

I paid a decent amount for the bike, but the sum of the parts alone, actually not bad. I was totally avoiding 29" bikes but rode a few and they really grew on me. I mean I hated the idea, but Specialized nailed it in the S2 size. Fits me like a glove. And I am still learning the bike. I have been riding our property since Monday and taken two outside rides, today being the first "serious" ride. Despite my ungloved left hand hitting a nasty patch of stinging nettle (finally tamped down) and me and my water bottle covered in sweat, dust, and grime no issues. Really really nice bike.

newbike.jpg

You're not covering miles between coffee shops with 6 other dudes on Sunday mornings using that class of bicycle.
Enjoy right-of-ways and carry alcohol wipes, tweezers and bandaging....
I hope you meet nice people on the trails.
Report on the heat wave........

I had a Stumpy EVO S4. It was a mini DH bike. Watch that low bottom bracket and have fun!

Attachments

• 939E0528-9B47-4116-B411-0DE037E77B47.jpeg
    939E0528-9B47-4116-B411-0DE037E77B47.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I bought a new seat for fun and wifely together rides. Actually the supplied Spank Spike 160 seat is pretty comfortable, this thing is heavy but rides like a couch. I don't much like it though when things get serious. Like yesterday at Galbraith: https://www.wmbcmtb.org/galbraith

I also ordered some fenders, rain by October........well I ordered front only:

And I did a thing that makes bed hauling slick and easy.

beekay.jpg
front.jpg
lox.jpg
rear.jpg
rear1.jpg

LBS made Specialized Stumpjumper EVO carbon 29" in S2 size with:
SRAM Eagle 12
CF Synthesis E Rims, Butcher front, Purgatory Rear
Truativ BB/Cranks
SRAM CODE R brakes
Diety Black label 800 bars and Diety (mint!) grips which I now swapped to blue
Diety Premium Race Goods stem
Bike Yoke Revive dropper with Spank seat
Fork Marzocchi (Fox) Bomber Z1 Coil
Rear shock Fox DHX2 Performance Elite
Deftrap Diety (blue) Pedals

I paid a decent amount for the bike, but the sum of the parts alone, actually not bad. I was totally avoiding 29" bikes but rode a few and they really grew on me. I mean I hated the idea, but Specialized nailed it in the S2 size. Fits me like a glove. And I am still learning the bike. I have been riding our property since Monday and taken two outside rides, today being the first "serious" ride. Despite my ungloved left hand hitting a nasty patch of stinging nettle (finally tamped down) and me and my water bottle covered in sweat, dust, and grime no issues. Really really nice bike.

newbike.jpg
Looks like a trials bike with pedals. Enjoy!

I take it easy for the most part. I enjoy, but nothing extreme. At 62, I will ride this one until 70 or so. I wanted nice and serious for my last mountain bike.

Absolutely no reason to stop at 70. But you might want to raise your saddle a couple inches.

Absolutely no reason to stop at 70. But you might want to raise your saddle a couple inches.
Agree. I had everything set low to get used to the bike. I am short and stubby at 5' 8". The the max height of the dropper post is too low with the seat collar main post all the way down, I adjusted collar and raised it about 1.5". Much better down and fully extended - and still easy to swing leg/hips/creaky back over. I sure love the Bike Yoke dropper. Thanks!

Back