Finally Found Some Good Cleaning Swabs

I'm always looking for anything that makes cleaning guns easier. Up until I found these, I have never found a good gun cleaning swab. And I've tried them all. The biggest problem with Q-Tips and other similar brands is they are too blunt to get into small places.

And more importantly is none of them are wound tight enough. Even most of the ones that are sold for, "gun cleaning". Which allows cotton strands to grab and unravel. Leaving tiny bits of cotton in places that you all but have to use tweezers to get the stuff out.

These are the very best I've found. They come in a 400 pack, packaged in a plastic container. And they are individually packaged about 100 each in a nice ziplock plastic bags. They're 6" long wound on to wood, (Bamboo), not hard paper. And best of all, you can get them with a point. Which allows you to really get into small places where crud gathers.

Now that I've tried them, I'm going to order several boxes more. Because like so many products, they will all of a sudden vanish from the market.

I need to get some of those. I will soon have a bedded action rifle back from the smith and I won't be able to take it down or at least I won't want to. Those might come in handy

Thanks for the tip, but while I'm not cleaning guns, I'm putting flux in a small hole. We've been using cotton swabs forever, but there's always a risk of lint.

Never thought about looking at the gun cleaning market.

Ordered a box. Have a bunch of wood swabs, and they work pretty well. Will see if these are better.

This is what I usually get:

Those are OK, I have them as well. But I think you'll like the pointed ones better. I found another use for them. I was looking for stuff to test them on, and found they're really good at getting all the crap out of car keys.

My wife just throws her keys in her purse where they sink to the bottom, and they get packed with dirt and junk. These are pointy enough to get into all the little grooves.

Racer mentioned applying flux. I think they would be excellent for that on electrical wires and connections.

I'm always looking for anything that makes cleaning guns easier. Up until I found these, I have never found a good gun cleaning swab. And I've tried them all. The biggest problem with Q-Tips and other similar brands is they are too blunt to get into small places.

And more importantly is none of them are wound tight enough. Even most of the ones that are sold for, "gun cleaning". Which allows cotton strands to grab and unravel. Leaving tiny bits of cotton in places that you all but have to use tweezers to get the stuff out.

These are the very best I've found. They come in a 400 pack, packaged in a plastic container. And they are individually packaged about 100 each in a nice ziplock plastic bags. They're 6" long wound on to wood, (Bamboo), not hard paper. And best of all, you can get them with a point. Which allows you to really get into small places where crud gathers.

Now that I've tried them, I'm going to order several boxes more. Because like so many products, they will all of a sudden vanish from the market.

Lately, every time I read a post of yours, I’m spending money. Not much, but I can see it getting worse if it continues. I’ve considered blocking you but then I know I’ll miss out on something. 😁

Back