Filtration Technical Service Bulletins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. this should be a sticky. However: I noticed that a 3,000 mile oil change is still in the recomendations. I assume this will be updates as this interval seems obsolite with modern oils and engines.

No it's not obsolete. We see people on here everyday with driving patterns/engine designs that validate that OCI. It may not be the best answer for the majority, but it is never the wrong answer.

Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Yes. this should be a sticky. However: I noticed that a 3,000 mile oil change is still in the recomendations. I assume this will be updates as this interval seems obsolite with modern oils and engines.

At some point it might be if the technical committee deems it be revisited. Other TSB's have been revised.

However, the FMC has to take into account all OEM's and what they recommend as to maintenance intervals. They will at least keep the lowest recommendation out there.

Why recommend, say, 6,000 mile intervals when most OEM's aren't there yet?

Besides it is an industry guidleline, much the same as what some oil companies and quick lubes also recommend.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
What end of the pickup tube, bottom of the pan or up towards the pump?

Where the pick-up tube connects to the oil pump. There's an o-ring there, and if it leaks air will get sucked into the pump and cause pressure problems.

I'm sure other engines use some type of seal/gasket in the same tube-to-pump connection.

I thought it was wild reading their explanation about oil pumps losing prime between oil changes and how that would cause the induction of air into the system; keeping the warning light on after restart...I wonder if that could have happened in the past cases where an oil filter was blamed mistakenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back