FILTRAN Ford Crown Victoria ATF filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again. Posting this FILTRAN "MICRO FELT" factory ATF filter for Brian123. Factory ATF filter in service for 30,xxx miles.

Looks solid and I tried to do my best on shots. Not a lot of metal which I think is good
smile.gif

Enjoy the photos and please ask Brian123 if you guys have any questions. I did not catch the year of Brian123's Crown Vic also or if he told me I forgot.

iz5awm.jpg

xf51fl.jpg

2vb4txj.jpg

etslzq.jpg

29uuo0o.jpg

23jn8e1.jpg

29fcavk.jpg

mb09dd.jpg

2rqgkyg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammer was there cause I put FILTER in vise and drove screwdriver between plastic and steel side of FILTER to pop it apart. Always have a use for a BFH
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
thats one big filter if it can hold s rock band performance ,, lots a permatex to seal that one back up

I hope you don't mean putting Permatex on the filter???? Unless I was using a cork or paper pan gasket, I would only apply a THIN layer of Permatex 2 on one side of the gasket, to hold the gasket in place, not to seal it. Any other gasket, leave the permatex off.

Originally Posted By: car51
Hammer was there cause I put FILTER in vise and drove screwdriver between plastic and steel side of FILTER to pop it apart. Always have a use for a BFH
smile.gif

Oh. I always just take the hammer and smash the plastic apart rather than take the time to open it neatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back