Filter Xref challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can provide a cross reference, to any major filter company. Bless you!!!

Kubota Hydraulics
050 38430-37710 CARTRIDGE OIL FILTER
050 30400-37710 CARTRIDGE OIL FILTER

PLEASE, do NOT tell me to go to one of the on-line sources, I already have tried them.:( If you find one that I missed, and you verified, I will be eternally greatful!
grin2.gif

And here we go:

Equipment: KUBOTA L2250DT
Equipment Type: Tractor
Engine: D1402DL

Donaldson:
P182050:
Air Filters Product Attributes
A - OD (Inches): 4.08
B - ID (Inches): 2.49
C - Length (Inches): 10
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 0.66
Product Type Description: AIR PRIMARY, FINNED
Primary Application: LONG LIFE VERSION OF P181050
Substitution: P122510-Flame Retardant
Substitution 2: Version

P502161:
Fuel Filters Product Attributes
A - OD (Inches): 1.97
B - ID (Inches): 0.79
C - Length (Inches): 3.5
Product Type Description: FUEL CARTRIDGE PRIMARY
Primary Application: YANMAR 12910055650, KUBOTA
Primary Application 2: 15521-43160

P551268:
Lube Filters Product Attributes
A - OD (Inches): 3.67
B - Thread Size (Inches): 3/4-16
C - Length (Inches): 3.39
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.83
E - Gasket ID (Inches): 2.46
Product Type Description: LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW
Primary Application: KUBOTA 1732132430

P550776:
A - OD (Inches): 3.15
B - Thread Size (Inches): M20 X 1.5-6H
C - Length (Inches): 3.15
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.48
Anti Drain Valve (Y/N): 10-15 PSI
Product Type Description: LUBE SPIN-ON
Primary Application: KUBOTA 7000015241

Those are all the Donaldson filters, including air and fuel, that show up for that Kubota. That was reversing the given product numbers to give a tractor model that they corresponded with and then putting that tractor model into Donaldson's system.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
And here we go:

P551268:

P550776:

I have a stack of Wix, I got by doing a reverse xref like the above, none of them fit! (Anyone have a DIRECT xref?)
Just a hint, check out the B - Thread at 3/4 - 16... on a Japanese tractor?

thanks for all your help so far.

BTW, the NorthAm Kubota Filters are anonymous dark Grey, no marking of ANY TYPE, not even end stamps.

Google of the part number led me to the same conclusion as Overk1ill on the application.

A cross for the Donaldson P551268 would be a Wix 51515, Motorcraft FL-1A, Purolator L30001, Hastings, LF115, etc.

The Donaldson P550776 looks to cross to a Wix 51334, Purolator L14459, Motorcraft FL810?, Hastings LF402, etc.

For educational purposes only
grin2.gif

And here we go:

Equipment: KUBOTA L2250DT
Equipment Type: Tractor
Engine: D1402DL

Donaldson:

P551268:
C - Length (Inches): 3.39
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.83
E - Gasket ID (Inches): 2.46
Product Type Description: LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW
Primary Application: KUBOTA 1732132430

P550776:

Those are all the Donaldson filters, including air and fuel, that show up for that Kubota. That was reversing the given product numbers to give a tractor model that they corresponded with and then putting that tractor model into Donaldson's system.

Originally Posted By: 63Avanti
And here we go:

P551268:

P550776:

I have a stack of Wix, I got by doing a reverse xref like the above, none of them fit! (Anyone have a DIRECT xref?)

BTW, the NorthAm Kubota Filters are anonymous dark Grey, no marking of ANY TYPE, not even end stamps.

Do your WIX numbers cross the numbers in the post below yours? If not, I'd give the Donaldson ones a try.

What is the actual model of the tractor?

This is what I found after a google search. First two pics are from a pdf available at http://www.mytractorforum.com - covers the L2550dt Kubota tractor:

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

The part numbers you reference are hydraulic filters. This last pic is from Donaldon's website under their application search:

page3.jpg

The P550008 filter crosses to Baldwin B2, and to Wix 51515, Motorcraft FL-1A, etc as the one I posted earlier.

The second filter, P551268, crosses to Baldwin B7152 and to Wix 51068, Hastings LF196, Purolator L20081, etc.

You can go here to verify your part numbers.

Quote:

Confirmed conclusion: Most small engines, many of which are indeed Japanese, use 3/4-16 thread filters ....as does Nissan ..Toyota ...and even the Cherman's --Spheed's ..and many others in metric land.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

Confirmed conclusion: Most small engines, many of which are indeed Japanese, use 3/4-16 thread filters ....as does Nissan ..Toyota ...and even the Cherman's --Spheed's ..and many others in metric land.

Yep, and my "All Amurrikan" Ford Expedition uses a metric thread.
crazy2.gif

It's a strange, STRANGE world we live in...
43.gif

BTW - The TractorByNet forum http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php is a wealth of information on Kubota's/J-D/s, etc...

Last edited:
It's not so strange. Spin-on throw away filters started in the US and 3/4-16 was the most common thread. Ford and Chrysler used it starting in 1957 and a lot of foreign companies picked it up shortly afterward. GM was the oddball with a few different filters while Ford and Chrysler were relatively standard in the early years. Metric threaded filters came later.

Originally Posted By: XS650
It's not so strange. Spin-on throw away filters started in the US and 3/4-16 was the most common thread. Ford and Chrysler used it starting in 1957 and a lot of foreign companies picked it up shortly afterward. GM was the oddball with a few different filters while Ford and Chrysler were relatively standard in the early years. Metric threaded filters came later.

The 'strange' part I'm referring to is the "why" of the whole thing, as I whined about in this thread.

The below excellent effort is unfortunately exactly why I came here. I did the same "reverse-reverse" traceback to get my filter, AND IT DID NOT WORK. I have 5 Baldwin and WIX filters to prove that this does not work. Sorry to be such a downer.
Anyone have a DIRECT interchange?...please???

Originally Posted By: mikey12

This is what I found after a google search. First two pics are from a pdf available at http://www.mytractorforum.com - covers the L2550dt Kubota tractor:

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

The part numbers you reference are hydraulic filters. This last pic is from Donaldon's website under their application search:

page3.jpg

The P550008 filter crosses to Baldwin B2, and to Wix 51515, Motorcraft FL-1A, etc as the one I posted earlier.

The second filter, P551268, crosses to Baldwin B7152 and to Wix 51068, Hastings LF196, Purolator L20081, etc.

You can go here to verify your part numbers.

Uh-oh!! With the wealth of knowledge available on this board, if these guys can't find it, it looks like that might be a one-off special that you'll have to get from the Kubota guy. I've run into that before with a John-Deere hydro filter.
frown.gif

Is it an LD2550DT tractor?

Quote:
Anyone have a DIRECT interchange?...please???

Sorry, it's back ordered. You have to wait until the real people show up. Virtual help is still out to lunch too.

..btw ..just what is your definition of "DIRECT INTERCHANGE"? It would appear ..at least at my neanderthalic reading comprehension level as an (sorta) oxymoron when it comes to x'ref'ing any proprietary label to a name brand that's not the OEM supplier.

No matter what interchange is involved. It will take the numbers provided and come up with whatever fits according to that man's offerings (that they determined to be applicable).

What else is there??
54.gif

Gary - Not attempting in any way to speak for 63Avanti, but I think he's still not finding the filter he needs. His filters are cartridge type, and most (all?) of the x-ref'ed numbers he's been given are for spin-ons. When I took his filter numbers to the WIX site, it said - (paraphrased) "that is a valid competitor's number, but we don't have a replacement".
Or, I could be totally wrong...
21.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Gary - Not attempting in any way to speak for 63Avanti, but I think he's still not finding the filter he needs. His filters are cartridge type, and most (all?) of the x-ref'ed numbers he's been given are for spin-ons. When I took his filter numbers to the WIX site, it said - (paraphrased) "that is a valid competitor's number, but we don't have a replacement".
Or, I could be totally wrong...
21.gif

I think you are totally wrong.

He said he already got WIX ones and tried to thread them on.

This would indeed indicate they were of the spin-on type.

I suggested trying the Donaldson ones instead.

we appear to be a long ways from my question. All I am looking for is an oil/lube filter that will screw on and not leak under pressure. As for your suggestion that I risk adding a mismatched Donaldson to my collection of mismatched Baldwin and Wix, based on the same line of logic that got me the Baldwin and Wix...

..btw ..just what is your definition of "DIRECT INTERCHANGE"? It would appear ..at least at my neanderthalic reading comprehension level as an (sorta) oxymoron when it comes to x'ref'ing any proprietary label to a name brand that's not the OEM supplier.

No matter what interchange is involved. It will take the numbers provided and come up with whatever fits according to that man's offerings (that they determined to be applicable).

What else is there??
54.gif

Take a Kubota filter and measure the threads. A Google search will show you how if needed. Take a pair of calipers and measure the gasket ID and OD along with the filter OD and length.

Beyond that, the numbers you posted for a spin-on hydraulic filter crossed to the filters listed. If it doesn't fit, call Donaldson and tell them their cross-reference is full o' chit, then ask nicely for a "DIRECT interchange". I could be wrong, but only one of the hydraulic filter numbers you posted are used based on the "S.No" as shown in the Kubota pdf pages I posted. Are you using the correct one of the two for your app, or are you looking for the engine oil filter, PN: HH164-32430? If you want more help post what tractor model this is for as well as the previous filter numbers you have tried.

11.gif

we appear to be a long ways from my question. All I am looking for is an oil/lube filter that will screw on and not leak under pressure. As for your suggestion that I risk adding a mismatched Donaldson to my collection of mismatched Baldwin and Wix, based on the same line of logic that got me the Baldwin and Wix...

What else is there??
54.gif

Okay ...so here is the REAL question (from your current point of view ..in a more practical expression)

Is there anyone that has the model that I've conveniently left out of my posts so that I can compare notes? Every cross reference that I've used comes up with the wrong numbers. Any help?

Is that about it??

See how easy that was as opposed to putting out a nebulous post and then criticizing those who have failed in the same pathetic manner that you did ..with even LESS information???

Take a number for better service.
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back