Filter Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I found this information when doing a Google search and want to see if everyone agrees with it for my Vulcan 2000:

Recommended filters.
All have superior
filtering.

About 2.5 inches long.

* Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6.
* Mobil M1-108, about $12.
Made by Champion.
* Bosch 3300, about $6.
Made by Champion.

About 3.25 inches long.

* Purolator Pure One PL14610, about $6.
* Mobil 1 M1-110, about $10.
Made by Champion.
* Bosch 3323, about $6.
Made By Champion.
* WalMart SuperTech ST7317,
about $2. Made by Champion.

I recently purchased the FRAM PH6017A but apparently it is not recommended so I want to get a good filter to go with my Rotella 5w40. Thank you.

I like the ST7317. Very similar to the M1-110 at 1/6 the price. I think the Bosch ones are now an upgraded Purolator. Used to be Champions. There may be some of the older champ ones still on the shelves. Just because the ST does not cost 6 or 10 dollars does not mean it is an inferior filter.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
I like the ST7317. Very similar to the M1-110 at 1/6 the price. I think the Bosch ones are now an upgraded Purolator. Used to be Champions. There may be some of the older champ ones still on the shelves. Just because the ST does not cost 6 or 10 dollars does not mean it is an inferior filter.

But hasn't the quality and construction of the super tech filters gone down recently?

If you are referring to the ecore filter design, I see the ST ecores as a somewhat downgraded, perhaps lighter-duty design, but the 7317 was not affected and is still about the same as before although the bypass valve is a bit different. Now you look down in there and see a sky blue plastic button. Before, they had an all-metal spring and valve. I think the M1 filters changed in this regard as well. Not a problem, as I see it.

Same size filters for my bike. I run a WIX car filter because the black simply looks better. Any of those on the list will work.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
The Wix bike-specific filter numbers cost twice as much and I'm not sure why. Maybe because they are lower volume numbers?

I think it is just marketing the specs are nearly identicle on the Wix "motocycle" filter and the Wix "car" filter that I use. I am fortunate to have my truck, wifes car and bike all use the same filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back