Filter imperfections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a Mopar 68191349AA / M0-349 filter for my 2014 Jeep GC on eBay from an authorized Jeep dealer a few days ago and got it in the mail today. I opened up the box and noticed two imperfections. One is what appears to be a burn mark or something; the other is one of the fins is rather close to the others:

9kwKuLc.jpg

So, is it safe to use it?

No filter is going to have "laser aligned" pleats. That's nothing to worry about there. The "burn mark" is hard to see what's going on, but if the media looks like there is no damage then I'd say use it. It could be some kind of mark they use on the media during manufacturing - who knows?

the part where it's right close together is where they seemed it together. I don't know about the mark. I'd take a hard look at it and if there isn't any kind of hole then just run it.

Bear in mind - this is a big piece of paper. It is not going to be the most obedient material when it comes to pliability, and minor imperfections are perfectly fine.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
First world problems complaining about discolored media. Throw it in forget about it.

Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back