Filter for waste oil heater

Setting up a fuel oil boiler for waste oil.
Pumped from a tote at 5psi max. What would work best as a filter? Ideally something cleanable or with cheap media.

Try a oil filter relocation kit that is common for car engines. Take a look at @oil pan 4 posts or Youtube for examples.

Here is a super cheap example but its probably messy.

Yeah get a filter head with 3/4-16 threads and the biggest cheapest fram ultra synthetic that does not have an internal bypass. That will get at least 95% of the 15 micron particles and it's pretty cheap.

Years ago the boss had one in his shop, I installed it. It came with a suction screen, I used a 55 gallon barrel and put the intake screen about a foot and half or so from the bottom. I always let the oil that was to be dumped into that barrel sit for a few days before adding it.
It was a gravity filter of sorts. The funnel used had a screen in it. Also there may have been an inline screen or filter that the manufacture had installed near the heater, don't remember. Never ever had an issue with it.

It's mostly clean "flush" oil and diesel I'm burning, but rather it not sent garbage through the burner pump and nozzle.
Can get 300-400 gallons a month from work, usually wait till there's 4 or 5 totes.

Was thinking of one like this...
1/2" Female NPT in-Line Strainer with 40 mesh Stainless Steel Filter Screen (1/2“ 40 Mesh) https://a.co/d/8YLkcvU

Back