Filter cutters

Yep, if I put in deliver to Canada it shows that it's Unavailable. But it shows available if shipped to me in the US. I'd get the Longacre before this one. This one has issues cutting small diameter filters.
Yeah I could see that with how the wheels mount opposite the cutting wheel. That said I’ve cut several filters with no issues.

just my $0.02

Yeah I could see that with how the wheels mount opposite the cutting wheel. That said I’ve cut several filters with no issues.

just my $0.02
I've got the same basic one sold through Summit Racing. The wheels are too far apart for small filters.

I went with this for small diameter filters. Got it at Harbor Freight long time ago. HF doesnt sell it anymore, but it can still be found on the 'net.

exhaust_pipe_cutter.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, if I put in deliver to Canada it shows that it's Unavailable. But it shows available if shipped to me in the US. I'd get the Longacre before this one. This one has issues cutting small diameter filters.

As noted in the OP, I bought the Proform one, seemed to look the nicest. Maybe it'll be a pile, but looked good, lol.

So, in the name of science, I have a FRAM Ultra XG2 here with a dent in it that I'm not going to use so I've decided to cut and post. I've previously used a sawsall to cut them open and it's a huge PITA, so I bit the bullet and bought the Proform oil filter cutter tool:

I paid $111 Canadian for it through Amazon, should have it tomorrow.

View attachment 67627

What is everybody else using to cut their filters?
Wow. You could have bought a whole lot of Ultras with that kind of money.

As noted in the OP, I bought the Proform one, seemed to look the nicest. Maybe it'll be a pile, but looked good, lol.
That one looks decent. I just know that one I was talking about doesn't work well on smaller filters.

Old style can opener just tap in after the plate better than anything except a proper tool

Last edited:
The Longacre brand is like $70-$80 USD wherever I see it. There are a lot of off brands on Amazon & eBay for around $20 USD. They any good? I won’t be cutting a ton of filters but still I want it to work.
Anyone use the cheap ones?

The Longacre brand is like $70-$80 USD wherever I see it. There are a lot of off brands on Amazon & eBay for around $20 USD. They any good? I won’t be cutting a ton of filters but still I want it to work.
Anyone use the cheap ones?
The ones on eBay work fine. Key to making any filter cutter work good is to not put too much pressure on the cutting wheel and be paitent as it does its job.

Back