Feral Cat

This is a feral cat from a few blocks away that I took pics of a few years ago.
I haven't seen this cat in years, even though I drive by this location often.
I helped to arrange for this cat and others in the colony to get neutered or spayed.
This cat would not let me get too close (I was using a 55-200mm telephoto lens) though I think the homeowner that fed him got fairly close to it.
It's a dangerous life out there for homeless feral cats.

64322276_10215051188133985_5953813073079828480_n.jpg

62576353_10215051198054233_4362966399346278400_n.jpg

Last edited:
I helped to arrange for this cat and others in the colony to get neutered or spayed.
This cat would not let me get too close (I was using a 55-200mm telephoto lens) though I think the homeowner that fed him got fairly close to it.

View attachment 91186

View attachment 91187
Beautiful!

View attachment 91186

View attachment 91187

I don't think there is a focal length made that would get you close enough for pictures if you had arranged to have me neutered. Maybe the James Webb Space Telescope.

I don't think there is a focal length made that would get you close enough for pictures if you had arranged to have me neutered. Maybe the James Webb Space Telescope.

Fear not, they don't usually neuter male humans.

But do you realize how much better neutered and spayed cats have at living long, healthy lives vs unfixed cats that produce hundreds or thousands of unwanted cats in their lifetimes?

Love trap him. My brother and I trapped a feral cat that turned out to be the best cat ever. He was so mean, he’d ran his face into the cage trying to escape. His face would be all bloody. He’d growl too. 1 daily feeding in his cage for 3 months or so mellowed him out fast. Before we caught him, he’d sit and watch me mow the back field.

Here’s Rockford. He passed away 10 years ago this may.

46F55100-8EDB-4FF2-915F-C18A4AD012E0.png

Love trap him. My brother and I trapped a feral cat that turned out to be the best cat ever. He was so mean, he’d ran his face into the cage trying to escape. His face would be all bloody. He’d growl too. 1 daily feeding in his cage for 3 months or so mellowed him out fast. Before we caught him, he’d sit and watch me mow the back field.

Here’s Rockford. He passed away 10 years ago this may.

View attachment 91221
Handsome cat well taken care of. So sorry.

I feel sorry for you, there's certainly something about petting the cat sleeping next to you (besides allergies). Makes the zorls a better place.

My wife......trapped this feral cat.......took it & her kittens to the Vet......

They spay & give shots for free....

Then released it here at the farm in June '22

Kittens were adopted out.......

Still can not pet or get real close to her...

But she has all the comforts any cat could ask for

She is at the back door every morning by 0700 waiting for breakfast

sal1HYG.jpg

UP all night tonight. Got put on some new meds so I think that is why. Fell asleep at 0130am and awake again. So , it is 03:00am. Just got up and drinking some hot tea watching tv with sound off to not wake wife in next room. I hear a squeeking sound almost like baby chicks... and a rapping on patio glass. Open curtains and there are our two "locked out" cats because I lock the pet door in garage to the outside at night to keep out stray cats and even opposums who used to get in there and start a big riot in the middle of the night. They wandered out at some point and decided now that they realized I was up to whine and cry to come back inside. Open the patio and they march right across the house to the interior door to the garage and in they go. Garage is just a giant cat home for them. Funny how they can ignore humans at times yet if they want something they can almost cry and talk just like a child. They are our watch cats. LOL No animal , dog, cats or even squirrels are safe crossing the yard if they are in the mood. A couple times a years they will lay out offerings (dead squirrels or rats, even birds) at the door step. I read they bring the kills to you as a thank you. They see a human feeding them only bought food and so assume you can not hunt so they bring an offering of thanks once in a while when they kill. I wish I could sleep as well as they do!

You can come get the 7 of them that my wife is collecting. We started off with one and she wasn't able to trap it in time, and then we had 6. There's still a few of those hanging around and a few new ones, one of which needs trapped and fixed.

Needless to say, I'm not amused by the whole endeavor. I have a rather dim view of what feral cats are good for.

I fight a neverending battle to keep them out of the garage and off my TL, that and they get stuck in there and crap in the corner.

Back