18. Throttle body mounting gasket
19. Fuel injector seals
20. Air bypass gasket
21. Air pump gaskets
22. Exhaust flange gaskets
23. Heat riser gasket
24. Choke tube gasket
25. EGR valve gaskets

These are the items that maybe in the Fel-Pro head gasket set, I need help narrowing down which items would be in the head set for my engine as I prefer to order OEM Honda parts online. I will be ordering from oemautopartz.com/honda as they were the cheapest I found from the 4 online sites i compared. if you guys have suggestions on OEM Honda dealer online would be nice as well.

I had a bad experience with a Fel-Pro head gasket which was redeemed by using OEM Toyota head gasket on my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S, this is the reason why I will be using OEM gaskets/piston rings for all my cars from now on.

I will be using this for an engine rebuild with a friend come summer time.

Thank You for any help!

I'm confused. You won't use a Fel-Pro head set but want to know what is included? If you call Fel-Pro's tech line, 1.800.325.8886, they can give you a list of what is included. I have sold parts for 30+ years and it is the only way to get an exact listing. They do not show kit contents on their website or catalog.

Dave

No idea but the last head set I used from them on a Japanese engine had an OEM head gasket.
Fel-Pro is very good IMO. If you had any problem I am positive they would have worked with you and reimbursed some labor if the gasket was in fact at fault.
Did you ask them?

Originally Posted By: bmod305
I'm confused. You won't use a Fel-Pro head set but want to know what is included? If you call Fel-Pro's tech line, 1.800.325.8886, they can give you a list of what is included. I have sold parts for 30+ years and it is the only way to get an exact listing. They do not show kit contents on their website or catalog.

Dave

Thank You for that info, i wanted to know what is included parts wise so i can just order those same OEM parts.

OEM Honda & Toyota Head Gasket Sets have more parts then I have generally needed and cost more.

Last two engine rebuilds used the Fel-Pro Head Gasket Sets, and the second one had a head gasket failure, replaced with OEM...engine ran like a charm. All you need is one bad experience, as it cost me 400 dollars more in labor & 60 dollars in an extra Head Gasket (OEM). I didn't have time to ask Fel-Pro if they would pay for my troubles...

Since the parts in the Fel-Pro Head Gasket Set are sufficient, i wanted to get a list and order those parts OEM separately rather then the OEM Head Gasket Set. It's Cheaper that way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Me too, and I think it was a Toyota.

Mine was the Toyota Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GE engine, High Compression, maybe that's why? I am not sure, i guess i was that rare case, unlucky i guess. 1 Bad experience is all that was needed for me to stick with OEM from now on because i have never had any issues with OEM.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt

Mine was the Toyota Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GE engine, High Compression, maybe that's why? I am not sure, i guess i was that rare case, unlucky i guess. 1 Bad experience is all that was needed for me to stick with OEM from now on because i have never had any issues with OEM.

I was actually agreeing with Trav. The last 22R gasket kit I had came with an OEM head gasket.

It still stinks if you had trouble though. Like Trav said, give them a call. I've been using Felpro for a long time, even on some high HP engines, with great results.

you are going at this backwards. If you want to order oem parts just call the honda dealer since its a honda engine.

Geez. I'd pick Fel-Pro over OEM any day. They have a very good track record of solving failure-prone OEM gaskets before the OEMs do. Not positive that's still true, but it sure was just a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Geez. I'd pick Fel-Pro over OEM any day. They have a very good track record of solving failure-prone OEM gaskets before the OEMs do. Not positive that's still true, but it sure was just a few years ago.

X a dozen. Unless you like re-doing work, otherwise it's Fel Pro all the way here, even better than some OEM sets....

I can't say using OEM parts is bad!! But Fel-Pro makes excellent gaskets, Most head gaskets fail because of clamping issues because it got hot, 1 or more bolts stretched/failed, warped head/block, or Coolant rot. A head gasket failure is a result not a cause.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

X a dozen. Unless you like re-doing work, otherwise it's Fel Pro all the way here, even better than some OEM sets....

I guess it depends on the brand but from my readings on honda-tech.com most if not all constantly suggest OEM.

But my issue with Fel-pro occurred with my GT-S which on celica forums has the same OEM only suggestions, especially by GT-S engine rebuilding so called "experts".

I have used Fel pro in past with success but all I needed was one bad experience to go OEM only.

If OEM anything is so great, why do they need to be replaced?
crazy.gif

I needed was one bad experience to go OEM only

What happens if you get a bad OEM?
I have seen OEM fail when people used TTY bolts that were gone their max or didn't get the head or block perfectly clean, warpage, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back