FedEx lost my truck parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
for 6 weeks one summer, I got my neighbors prescriptions, which I returned to her, and she got my motorcycle parts. I consider it less embarrassing to have a tire returned than Birth Control pills and antidepressants. found out my regular driver had surgery.

Rod

I called the local FedEx office today. Turns out the driver "mis-delivered" the two packages, and when he/she went back, the packages were gone. Some lucky soul just got some free AC Delco tie rod ends and idler arm!

Just got off the phone with JC Whitney customer service, which I think is in the Phillipines! They have processed new shipments of the 5 items.

I had a $1,300 guitar delivered to the wrong house and marked as delivered. The shipping company said our driver says he put it on your porch. I said "I don't have a porch". They went away a minute, came back and said, "We left the guitar on your neighbors porch. Do you mind walking over there and getting it?" So I said if that's what you want, I am not hanging up until I walk to neighbor's house and see my thousand dollar guitar on their porch, and have it in my hands.

The guitar was indeed on the neighbor's porch.

I have had FedEx leave auto parts on my picnic table near the garage... in the rain. I have had them leave stuff at the Farmer's Coop in town because they claim the could locate my place. They left flowers for my wife from 1-800-Flowers at the Coop because they didn't want to get their van dirty.

I own and operate a commercial semi truck. Having seen how FedEx ground drivers do things, that alone causes me to consider alternative carriers.

I have never had an issue with UPS or Postal. I refuse to have anything sent via FedEx. If a particular outlet will only ship FedEx, I take my business elsewhere. I have gotten notices from an occasional shipper that I selected UPS and they changed it on their own to FedEx. I called and cancelled the order. I had selected UPS, even opting for the additional shipping cost, yet got a tracking number from FedEx. I still cancelled the order and called my credit card company and had the charges rescinded.

Where I live FedEx has been ok. Only once did I not receive the package that was listed as "delivered". I live at 57, as a "wild" hunch I walked down to 37 and there it was in front of their garage. I guess since there is a 7 in both addresses that was OK by their driver
smirk.gif

Whimsey

Update: JC Whitney (US Autoparts) replaced the lost items, and I installed everything this weekend. Biggest headache was having to convince JCW all the parts were not delivered to me as stated on the FedEx site.

Getting ready to take the truck for a spin and see how it drives. Will have to take it in and have the front-end alignment checked. BTW, bought this truck new in 1992, and it has never had an alignment other than from the factory, tires always wore evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back